Show Yer Smokers

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 28, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on August 13, 2009, 06:51:28 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 12, 2009, 07:35:51 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 12, 2009, 06:32:20 PM

Ya know i thought about it allot. I even contacted Traeger on it about buying the hopper assy and the auger but they dont sell them alone any more.

nepas

Ah I took mine apart to give it a good cleaning and dropped it can I get a replacement? Ok it's a white lie but if it works!!!! ;D

Boy, I was thinking about getting one, because I saw Nepas's in action. Now that I know the Traeger people don't stand behind there product I probably won't purchase one. I mean if I can't purchase parts to repair it why purchase it.

Oh no Al Traeger is a great company like Bradley. They have a 3 year warranty on any part due to malfunction, wear and tear. If my hopper/auger assy fell off or rusted out they would replace it ASAP. They dont just sell the items to the general public because there is a guy on the BBQ circut who had some patent infringement with Traeger so now they just take replacement issues with your Traeger serial#.

If i told them i took it off and dropped it and it dont work they would want pics of the damage. The entire hopper/auger assy with electronics cost around $300.

nepas

KyNola

Al,
Rick is absolutely correct.  Traeger is a great company and their service department is equal to Bradley's.  When I got my unit home, there were a couple minor issues that I had to call them about.  Buddy they were on it in a minute, no questions asked.

Larry

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Roadking on August 13, 2009, 06:51:28 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 12, 2009, 07:35:51 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 12, 2009, 06:32:20 PM

Ya know i thought about it allot. I even contacted Traeger on it about buying the hopper assy and the auger but they dont sell them alone any more.

nepas

Ah I took mine apart to give it a good cleaning and dropped it can I get a replacement? Ok it's a white lie but if it works!!!! ;D

Boy, I was thinking about getting one, because I saw Nepas's in action. Now that I know the Traeger people don't stand behind there product I probably won't purchase one. I mean if I can't purchase parts to repair it why purchase it.

Al I DON'T have a Treager!! I was just joking around about how Rick could get another Hopper Assy for the new smokehouse. Sorry for the confusion.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Roadking

Well I emailed Traeger and got the answer I wanted. I'm back on the I want a Traeger list.

NePaSmoKer

The smokehouse is starting to come together. Got a bit more to do yet.

Did some last minute framing.

Got all the pre painted sides on. Painted gray oil base.

Got the door cut out. I think i am going with a split door do i can check the wood through the bottom without opening the whole door.

Still have some trim to do and the roof and shingles, vents top and sides, supports for racks and smoke stix. Rock and the concrete floor.

My wife said, oh what a cute outhouse, atleast you dont have to go far to use the toilet when you move to the garage  :D  :D  ;D DOH

nepas

rdevous

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 13, 2009, 07:03:11 PM

My wife said, oh what a cute outhouse, atleast you dont have to go far to use the toilet when you move to the garage  :D  :D  ;D DOH

nepas

The wife might have something..........If you know someone who does stained glass.....have them do a WV half-moon window on the door and not tell her...then watch her face when you show her the finished smokehouse.   :o

Give a whole new meaning to the phrase..."light a match!"

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Roadking

Nice smoke house. Question is that exterior pressed flake board sliding?

Roadking

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 14, 2009, 07:35:09 AM
Quote from: Roadking on August 14, 2009, 06:44:30 AM
Nice smoke house. Question is that exterior pressed flake board sliding?

Yes

Did massive amounts of research on osb, the wax and glue melting points are 243*. The Michigan/Canada forum guys said to use oil base on the exterior. Those guys told me to do a low burn/smoke for 10 hours. So far i have around $40 in it. Cabelas carries a nice very small turbo burner, i have controls to keep the flame way down, going to fit an OBS and  BPS smoke generator to it also.

nepas

Not concerned about it coming apart. Don't take chances sent you an email.

Gizmo

Looks like you are going to need an elevator in that unit.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Got the roof on, roof paper, drip edge, shingles and trim on. Next comes the door, vent pipe, inside shelf supports and dowel supports.

nepas

mikecorn.1

Looking good. Waiting to see final product in action.  ;D
Mike

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on August 16, 2009, 06:46:59 PM
Looking good. Waiting to see final product in action.  ;D

This weekend, god willing and the river dont rise  ;D

nepas

mikecorn.1

Yep that would not be good. I'm already thinking what am i going to do if another hurricane heads down here. I live about 50 miles south of houston, tx and 15 miles from the gulf of mexico. Would probably take leave the bradley tower and take the smoke generator with me.  ???  :'(
Mike

Tenpoint5

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on August 17, 2009, 06:08:00 AM
Yep that would not be good. I'm already thinking what am i going to do if another hurricane heads down here. I live about 50 miles south of houston, tx and 15 miles from the gulf of mexico. Would probably take leave the bradley tower and take the smoke generator with me.  ???  :'(
Take them both, You might get hungry waiting to return. Its not like you'll be doing much else.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mikecorn.1

True. Last time, we spent 5 days at family's house just sitting around till we were told we could come back.  ;D
Mike