Show Yer Smokers

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 28, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I've never seen Sassafras...   Will be interested to hear what are you going to pair it with.

Caribou

Hi Nepas,
This may be an old wives tale...so there's my disclaimer :D
But when I was a kid in SoCal and they were cutting down the orchards to make room for houses we were told (by somebody ???) not to use the wood for our fireplaces because of the accumulations of years of pesticides in the wood. 
Did you ever hear anything like that?  I know you're a SoCal kid, too :D
Carolyn

Wildcat

Sassafras is a great tea!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

A friend of mine repairs appliances. He told me he can get me a computerized oven controller for my smoker that can go from 70* to 180* This he said this will controll the heat just like an oven for proofing. OH YEAH i said cool but will it be for LPG? He said yep  ;D

Getting like big time  ;D

nepas

mrdennisg

Not used enogh this year... but sure doe love this design
holds a 300 deg. temp with a 5 deg. diference from top to bottom.

6 large turkeys with room for more,

squirtthecat

Quote from: mrdennisg on September 06, 2009, 03:45:18 PM

Wow!   What is your primary heat source?   I see the smoke generator hanging off of the side, but you surely can't heat that beast with just it?

NePaSmoKer

Thats nice.

I almost had a large SS proofer like yours, but my neighbor was too late getting to it and it got thrown out.

Oh well my home built is working good.

nepas

Roadking

Sassafras flavored sticks. That sounds pretty good, sticks flavored with a hint of root beer, interesting.

NePaSmoKer

I got some angle in for my expanded steel jerky racks i'm making.

nepas

classicrockgriller

that is one fine ride. nice job again

mrdennisg

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 06, 2009, 04:01:46 PM
Quote from: mrdennisg on September 06, 2009, 03:45:18 PM

Wow!   What is your primary heat source?   I see the smoke generator hanging off of the side, but you surely can't heat that beast with just it?

When I first thought about Building this  I looked into a lot of ideas given from you guys here, ended up tearing apart an old portable heater which had 2 glass rod style elements. If I remember the elements were 800 watts each., Mounted it in the back at the bottom above a base of fire bricks, used fireproof caulking (type used on woodstoves) sealed up the inside real well, mounted the circulation fan and when I put the chimmney in I designed it so it came down inside a few inches so the smoke would go up and the circulate down again before exiting. The controll panel ( my own design and schematics) is mounted inside and old first aid box .  This winter will be hanging a whole pig for the Holidays. I can hold 300' +/- 5' from top to bottom .

Hope to install my PID this winter.

classicrockgriller

that is super nice. thanks for show us.

squirtthecat

D@mn.   I bet your lights dim when that thing comes online...

classicrockgriller

I have a company that does epoxy overlayments and around remodels all the time. Have seen these things thrown in Dumpsters.
If I only knew. Well I know now.

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 10, 2009, 11:14:54 AM
I have a company that does epoxy overlayments and around remodels all the time. Have seen these things thrown in Dumpsters.
If I only knew. Well I know now.

Grab 2 or 3!