Show Yer Smokers

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 28, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Squirt!
That looks fantastic, what a great set up. :)
Carolyn

York

That loks nice Squirt. I want to do something like that, however I will wait till we move into our new house.

pensrock

Nice job there squirt. Did you put plastic or weed barrier down before the pavers and gravel?
pens

NePaSmoKer

Very nice smokin/grillin area squirt. I gotta talk my wife into letting me make something like that  ;D

nepas

squirtthecat

Quote from: pensrock on September 12, 2009, 04:56:51 PM
Nice job there squirt. Did you put plastic or weed barrier down before the pavers and gravel?
pens

Thanks!  Yes I did.  The landscape company that did the curbing said 50' of weed barrier would be enough to cover it, so for a few bucks more, I bought 100'.

The pink bucket you saw in the background is for those ugly pink rocks I used when I put down the fabric.  That's all Lowes had in stock   The wind was blowing pretty hard that day, and I didn't want it all blowing away.    When I find a pink rock, it goes in the bucket

Mr Walleye

Great job Squirt!

Ya did awesome!  8)

I hear ya on how much work that is. I re-did my back yard a couple of years ago with lots of concrete, rock and boulders. Some of the boulders weighed over 500 lbs and a friend (really good friend  ;) ) and I moved about 10 of them in by hand. Lets just say if I get some stupid idea like that again I hope somebody kicks me in the.... It turned out great though.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Hey Mike, I got a couple really big boulders in my yard, when are you and your friend planning to pick them up?  ;) ;D

classicrockgriller

Squirt...nice job. Are you building a cover for it?

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 12, 2009, 07:27:57 PM
Squirt...nice job. Are you building a cover for it?

Thanks everyone!!

Yes, that is probably a project a year out from now... (gotta pay off a couple cars first)
4 big posts, flat roof, sloped 8.5' up front to 7' in the back.  Something like a lean-to roof, but tastefully done.

classicrockgriller

you are on a mission...you will have it done before you know it

squirtthecat

The Mrs keeps wanting to dress it up with Bistro table/chair sets, flower boxes, decorative flags, etc.
Whereas, I'm thinking Weber Smokey Mountain, Big Green Egg, UDS...    :D

First on the agenda though, ILLUMINATION.   I was out grilling last night in the dark..  The gasser has a light that comes on when the lid is up, but that's about it.   Ended up with my maglite tucked under my arm while I foiled/panned everything up into our little cooler.

My camp kitchen has some lantern hangers that attach to the top, I will look for one today.

NePaSmoKer

Hey squirt

Is that your building inspector walking around the brick work  ;D

nepas

squirtthecat

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 13, 2009, 07:00:52 AM
Hey squirt

Is that your building inspector walking around the brick work  ;D

nepas

Landscape architect/assistant pit boss...

And he'll pull guard duty for the Bradley later today, while I'm smoking another turkey breast.

OU812

Squirt your project is coming together nicely, it will be used allot I'm sure

iceman

Very nice squirt. We just got our lawn in out front and hope to get the back done next year. Your project just gave me the incentive I needed. Great job.  ;)  :)