Best over the counter rubs

Started by icerat4, February 08, 2006, 09:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

Hi i was wondering what the best over the counter rubs in  stores like jewel or domnicks in my neck of the woods in illinois would have the best effect for chicken or ribs.I really dont want to mix stuff together and want the easy way out.So whats on the market will do the quick and easy way and get great results.[8D]

boxertrio

1 McCormick's Chicken and Rib Rub
2 Stubbs Chili Lime Meat Rub
3 Bad Byron's Butt Rub

These 3 are available at my local Wal-Mart and are pretty good

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

GrillinFool

Mix em up on your own, its just so much better. I dont get all messed up with premium quality spices, but I always make my own. Almost all store bought rubs have too much salt. Even though I am a cheap guy, I dont do it to save money, I do it because my rubs are so much better than store bought. The books I use are "Smoke & Spice" "Thrill of The Grill" and "Paul Kirks Championship BBQ"  Once you get in the hang of throwing rubs together it takes just a few minutes to mix up several cups of great stuff, that you can modify over time to be just the way you want. I would guess it is probably less expensive too but I cant say that for sure.

The Grillin Fool

jaeger

icerat4,
I agree with GrillinFool re: making your own rubs. I usually have a couple different mixes on hand that I store in ziplock bags with the name on each bag. You would be suprise how much you will use them if you have them on hand.
I have heard good reviews on the name brand rubs/seasonings that Boxertrio mentioned also.

<font size="2"><b>Doug</b></font id="size2">