Question about the insert flash button

Started by devo, April 22, 2011, 05:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Was doing some tests with the insert flash button today and its got me stumped. I was thinking you would have to host the flash file someplace for this to work but everything I tried did not work. Anybody got any pointers?  ???

TedEbear

I've never paid much attention to the 'insert flash' button until now.  I'm not sure what its purpose is.  I experimented with inserting web page addresses and pics hosted on Photobucket but I don't see what this feature is supposed to do.

However, as long as I'm here and we're discussing posting options I think that the 'insert hyperlink' feature should be made more user friendly.  I finally figured it out but it takes a bit of work.  On other forums I'm on all you have to do to make a word or group of words into a hyperlink is to highlight the text, click on the hyperlink icon and then paste in the http address in the pop-up window.  Not so on here.

So, what is the 'insert flash' button for?

GusRobin

when you click on insert flash,then type in a website address, it becomes a link.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

I would check with Brian. That feature appears to be disabled. If you click on Help; then click the Posting tab you will find more information.

Here is a direct link to the Bulletin Board Code

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: GusRobin on April 22, 2011, 10:08:54 PM
when you click on insert flash,then type in a website address, it becomes a link.

Isn't that what the 'Insert Hyperlink' button is for?   ???

GusRobin

Quote from: TedEbear on April 23, 2011, 08:05:57 AM
Quote from: GusRobin on April 22, 2011, 10:08:54 PM

Isn't that what the 'Insert Hyperlink' button is for?   ???
I would assume so. I just tried the insert flash and that is what it did.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

devo

I worked with flash many times.I used to design flash signatures for people on other forums. When you click on the flash button it is suppose to allow you to embed a flash object.
In this case the object would be 200x200. The way it is suppose work is you input where you have the flash hosted at but this is missing a lot of code.

Habanero Smoker

If I read the HELP section correctly, when you are only able to insert an url then the flash button is disabled.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)