Charity Smoke - here we go...

Started by squirtthecat, November 05, 2009, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

I'm doing the bulk of it this weekend, so we've got to start somewhere.   

Everyone, out of the freezer!

"Barnyard Buddies"

- 10 pound turkey breast roast
- 8 pound pork butt
- 9 pound brisket flat

I'm going to do the brisket 'Pachanga', and the boston butt 'CRG' tomorrow night.  (as in - lots of slather, smoke and no foil!)

Nepas, there will be some Carolina Treet involved... 

And a mix of Apple/Pecan smoke.

The turkey will go in Saturday with some 1/2 pork loins for a friend.
[stay tuned]

classicrockgriller

I will miss the blow by blow , butt ;D will catch the finals on sunday or monday.

Good luck in your smoke.

squirtthecat

Thanks CRG...   Go get them Bambis!

OU812

Looke like its going to be a party in the smoker this weekend.

I will be doing a brisket next weekend, when I'm out a huntin the brisket will be a cookin.

KyNola

STC,
Looks like I know what you're doing this weekend.  Get Bubba over there to help you or at least help you drink his beer.

Man I wish I could find one of those turkey breasts roasts that size. 

Local grocery here has butts on sale for 89 cents per pound.  Also has turkey breasts on sale as well.  Sending Jan for 3 butts and 2 turkey breasts.

KyNola

squirtthecat

Good idea, KyNola!  I might have Bubba do the ribs...   He's got it down to a science.   I need to swing by his place next week and drink some of his beer, he's got a birthday coming up soon.

It took a while to find these, but I've got a supplier now!  She works evenings at a local foodservice company, and can special order them, plus get an employee discount.  ;)

KyNola

Well DUH!  I have a very close friend that owns a restaurant and a friend that is a foodservice sales rep.  I'm thinking I may have a supply for a mongo turkey breast roast myself.  Thanks for smacking me upside the head.

When you guys coming down Paducah's way?  Would be proud to purchase you a refreshing carbonated beverage straight from the mountains of Golden Colorado.

KyNola

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on November 06, 2009, 06:41:24 AM
Well DUH!  I have a very close friend that owns a restaurant and a friend that is a foodservice sales rep.  I'm thinking I may have a supply for a mongo turkey breast roast myself.  Thanks for smacking me upside the head.

I'll PM you the information on these. (vendor, UPC codes, etc.)  I'm sure your insider at CC Cohen's can hook you up..     

We'll see how they do in the Bradley - I've never done one this big.

Quote from: KyNola on November 06, 2009, 06:41:24 AM

When you guys coming down Paducah's way?  Would be proud to purchase you a refreshing carbonated beverage straight from the mountains of Golden Colorado.
KyNola

We really need to get down there one of these days...   Things are so busy now leading into the holiday season.

KyNola

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on November 06, 2009, 06:50:44 AM
Thanks Pat!

Tell Hal hello.

Larry

10-4!

Here is the product info, in case anyone else is interested. (and has a foodservice 'friend')

Perdue's Marvelous Mams

They make a smaller version as well:

Perdue 5 pound clucker

Hopefull Romantic

Looks like you will have your hands full this weekend Squirt, hope you have stocked up on the adult beverages.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on November 06, 2009, 07:36:32 AM
Looks like you will have your hands full this weekend Squirt, hope you have stocked up on the adult beverages.

HR

I am good in that department!

Brad Stab

You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.

squirtthecat

We're wishing for a bunch of those "happy accidents" tonight...

9 lb brisket, frozen solid, produces this after a soak in the sink:

8 lb pork butt, also frozen in the middle:

Now the wind is howling outside..

[sigh]

Everyone got a heavy baste of CT, and a mix of rubs from Iceman and John Henry.

I can't even put the probes part of the way in, so I've got the Ranco set at 220 - we'll check back early in the AM.   

I"m not feeling real good about this one.     :(

Brad Stab

No worries.you'll be surprised what 10/15 hours can do.

Look at the donut, not the hole  :)
You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.