In The Neighborhood

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 08, 2010, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

PeeWeeNePaS .......there you go!  :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Shasta bob

Nepa Smoker, so sorry we couldn't get together. next time your in the my neck of the woods give me some notice i will take some time off to show you around. unfortunately I'm still needing to work for a living.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

hal4uk

If you find 10.5 in Nebraska...
He's got more wives than he's been lettin' on to....
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

NePaSmoKer

Met the MAK family tonight.

Bob & Kerrie Tucker & Bruce Bjorkman.

Had a great time talking  and eatin  ;D and making new family members.

Bob, Kerrie and Bruce.

mi casa es su casa

KyNola

Now's there's a dinner I would like to have be in.  You were hanging with the head honchos.  Only thing I noticed is one of those honchos is much prettier than the other two! :D  I'm sure you had a great time visiting with them.

And now down to see 10.5 and crew.  Where to after that?

Tenpoint5

Nepas is going to get home and Kiki The Jerky Pup will probably bite him he has been gone so long.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

bigredsmoker

Be sure to wave hi if you go through Omaha! I would say roll down the window and smell the smoke, but I am not planning a smoke until Saturday.

classicrockgriller

He passed out in Wyoming last nite.

He was a tired puppy. ;D

Tenpoint5

He called me this morning he is driving through a Ice storm on the Wyoming Nebraska border. Figures he should get in sometime tonight.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

The Eagle has landed!! Nepas is in Eastern Iowa. I spoke with him for a few minutes then sent him off to his hotel to get some sleep.  Very impressionable first meeting. Nepas steps out of the vehicle sniffs the air "Whaaaat is that??? Smells like Cow Sh*t!!" Welcome Buddy that would be the fresh Country Air!" ;D ;D I will let him tell you about the deer we have around here.

NePaSmoKer

Yeah i made it finally, Talked with Chris and CRG.

Sonny TY for calling me and checking up. Sorry i aint talked much but i'm whooped.

Drove through 2 1/4 states covered with snowy and black ice roads, a real white knuckler  :D

Note to self.

Never........never take I 80 in the winter months  :D

And yeah the Iowa air... Smell like cow dirt  :D

The deer...........holy cow dear  :D

Jeep vs 20.5 deer...........Jeep loose  :D

Larry

Hanging with Chris for a while in the morning, going to putz around. Kinda undecided if i head home tomorrow afternoon. My wife wants to know whats taking me so long  :D  :D

squirtthecat

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on November 11, 2010, 10:49:20 PM
And yeah the Iowa air... Smell like cow dirt  :D

Welcome to the Midwest!

No black ice today...   We're supposed to see near record temps of 75°.

BuyLowSellHigh

That sounds like a tooth-gnashing, sweaty palm, death-grip-on-the-wheel drive.   :o

Glad to hear you've arrived safely.  Enjoy the clean, fresh country air  ;)  (we have similar down here, but it includes the essence of crude added in).

So, what is it with 20.5 deer ?  Is that a size reference or a number (0.5 ?), or something else I don't get with my foggy morning brain ?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tenpoint5

I think I remember Nepas mentioning during one of our phone calls something along the lines of "These aint deer these are sides of beef walking across the road" or words to that effect.

KyNola

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I think that reference to a 20.5 deer means that NePaS's Jeep had an up close and personal meeting of the deer.  Hope it didn't damage the Jeep too much.  Earlier this week I had a real good opportunity to hit what appeared to be about an 8 pointer but managed to get slowed down in time.