Pens vs Red Wings

Started by tsquared, May 24, 2008, 07:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Smoking Duck on June 03, 2008, 06:21:37 PM
Where's Sparky at after that bold prediction he made about it being over?  I think we may have found the one and only thing he's not good at: hockey prognostication  ;)

Come to the good side, Sparky, there's plenty of room on this bandwagon  ;D

I remain, drinking at a distance, with my friends Gordie Howe, Alex Delvecchio and Frank Mahovlich.......

For the record, I grew up in Detroit and watched (and played as a youth) hockey when no one wore helmets except the goalie...

Arcs_n_Sparks

La Quinta

Nah...T2...not a hockey fan so much...just rootin for you and Giggles and Pens...hell...I'm from hot weather sports...like football, basketball..."baseball"...not too much anymore...long story...but...I know peeps from Detroit too...it's all about the game...

Smoking Duck

I'm just happy the Pens made a go of it......the Wings were the better team but the Pens played with a lot of heart.  They got a ton of experience this year.  Don't think they'll be able to keep Hossa this coming year but they should be able to keep the core together and Fleury gained a lifetime of experience this year.  The Pens will be contenders for many years if they can keep them together.

Sparky, my brother (also a diehard Pens fan) is a cop just outside of Detroit.  He was handing out tickets left and right to anyone who had a Red Wings bumper sticker  ;D ;D.  I also used to live in Kalamazoo, so I'm very familiar with the Wings craze in Michigan.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

tsquared

Pens--I used to be an avid trout fisherman, grew up fishing for them with my dad, but I seem to be focused on salt water fishing these days. 3 more weeks of work and then I'm off for 6 or 7 weeks--look out salmon. I've tried for halibut a few times this spring but I'm still on the learning curve for those babies.  I'm kind of enjoying the challenge of fishing for a different species. If you ever come out here to the island I'll take you out to catch some salmon. (That's if that Alaskan salmon vacumn, AKA Kummok, doesn't catch them all before they get down here to BC! :D)
T2

pensrock

T2, I have never had the chance to fish in the ocean but it sure looks like fun on TV. This morning I went to a small local lake before it got so damm stinkin hot out, yes LQ... it was in the 90's today! All I caught was a couple small largemouths. How do you manage to get six to seven weeks off to go fishing?  ??? I'm lucky to get to go once in a while on the weekend.  :(
Hot weather and trout fishing do not go well together and it is supposed to be super hot and muggy most of next week. (Super Hot = 85 degrees and above.)

La Quinta

HOLY COW...85 degrees...you don't mean it...you poor...poor fella...just hydrate with beer...doesn't seem so hot then!!! :)

westexasmoker

Yea 85 that sounds rough....we were 100+ for like 5 days last week finally cooled off into the 90's now with blowing dust!  I could go for 85!   :)

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

QuoteYea 85 that sounds rough....we were 100+ for like 5 days last week finally cooled off into the 90's now with blowing dust!  I could go for 85!   
QuoteHOLY COW...85 degrees...you don't mean it...you poor...poor fella...just hydrate with beer...doesn't seem so hot then!!!

Hey, it got to 90 the last couple days! That's brutal! Too hot to even fish!  :(
Besides I always hear that the heat in the southweast is a dry heat and it is more comfortable then the humid heat we get.  ???
Actually I do not care where you live anything above 80 is too hot in my book. Maybe they can make room further north for a poor non-heat tolerant guy from PA?  :)

Smoking Duck

I'm with you, Pens.  My extra layer of fat (I call it my survival layer) suits me better when it's chillier.  In this heat, I start sweating like a tax cheat in an IRS office!  I could take 60F all year round and be extremely happy.  Problem is, I'm not sure where that place is  :'(

La Quinta

Giggles...you would love where Giz and WCK live....get's a leetle warm in the summer...but...no snow....not so much rain...you'd be a wet, sweaty... puppy out here in "hell". :)

WTS...where he lives is worse...he's got 100 and wet...we have 107 and dry...thank the Lord for the guy that invented "a pool"!!! :)

pensrock

NO SNOW! Say it isn't so.
I love snow, but only for hunting season then it can melt.
Got to have a noticable seasons change.
I think I would rather shovel snow than cut grass.
But its hard to golf in the snow.  ;D

Smoking Duck

Amen to that brother.

I don't mind the snow all that much.  I hate the really frigid cold though.  Heck when I was living in North Dakota and it was -60F, you might as well forget trying to pee outside.  Even if you could (at that temp, it's like trying to find a button in a fur coat), you were too afraid it would freeze before it would hit the ground.  I'd much rather be cutting grass than shovelling snow....I live right across the street from a golf course.  I always find a couple shag balls when I cut the grass.  I calll that a bonus  ;D