Calling all North Eastern Smokers - let's meet at Memphis Mae's!

Started by squirtthecat, October 01, 2010, 06:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

MrsSTC, her mom, and myself will be in NYC (staying in Brooklyn) for a week, arriving Christmas Day and leaving New Years Day.

Deb had a great idea...   One afternoon/evening when they go off to a Broadway show, I can hop a Metro train out of Grand Central Station and head up to Croton On Hudson, NY.   She's graciously arranged limo transportation to Memphis Mae's for a meet and greet. (and some mass quantities of BBQ)

Anyone interested in stopping by for dinner and drinks? (or really late lunch and drinks, or just appetizers and drinks)

Their menu looks interesting, to say the least..   Definitely 'filling'.

They are closed Mondays, and Friday is New Year's Eve, so that is probably not a good time to be out on the roads late.   Maybe Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday?   (December 28th, 29th or 30th)

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Have to see what wifes work looks like first.

Just got told she is off the 30th

Habanero Smoker

Looks like a great time, but those 3 days are pretty hectic for me.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

RossP

Lets see leave Langley, cross the boarder at Peace Arch, drive down the I5 to Seattle, through Seattle to Seatac Airport, hop onto a Continental Flight to Liberty Airport in Newark, take the Bus from Liberty Airport to the Port Authority building in New york, to Grand Central and meet up with STC and hop on the train. Have some great BBQ with everyone and reverse to get back home. Hmmm I think SWMBO might miss me .... or not ;D Would love to be there but unfortunately I could not get tickets ;) Have fun.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen