rainy day brisket

Started by pensrock, September 22, 2009, 06:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

Followed UIS lead with the rainy day thing.  :)

Finally got a brisket and today is a great day to do it. Not a lot of fat on it so I drizzeled with EVOO, garlic salt and black pepper.
Going to smoke with hickory for 3 hours then continue till done. Preheated the tower to 250 F, as soon as I load it, I will drop temp to 210 F.

Click the thumbnail for a larger image:

EVOO, garlic salt and peppered. Ready to go in.

Back with more as it progresses.

OU812

This is going 2b good, thats the way I like my brisket, simple.

What time is supper ?  ;D

pensrock

Well it went into the smoker at 10 am, so it will be done late tonight. Probably will have it for tomorrow. That give you plenty of time to get here.  :)

classicrockgriller

Haven't done a brisket yet. Been kinda poor choices at the store. Maybe soon. I will be watching.

pensrock

Some update pictures, click to enlarge:

After an hour or so of smoke @210 F.

After three hours smoke and another three hours at 210 F. (Total six hours)

After six hours, boated ready to cover with foil and continue to cook.

More to come later. :)

rcger

Quote from: pensrock on September 22, 2009, 06:51:13 AM
Followed UIS lead with the rainy day thing.  :)

Finally got a brisket and today is a great day to do it. Not a lot of fat on it so I drizzeled with EVOO, garlic salt and black pepper.
Going to smoke with hickory for 3 hours then continue till done. Preheated the tower to 250 F, as soon as I load it, I will drop temp to 210 F.

Click the thumbnail for a larger image:

EVOO, garlic salt and peppered. Ready to go in.

Back with more as it progresses.

When I enlarged your picture, I noticed a smaller screen on the rack.  What's the purpose in having that?
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

classicrockgriller

He's gonna cook it so tender that he didn't want it to fall thru the bradley rack.
Actually it looks like a non-stick screen, easier clean up?
Not a Bad idea.

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

HawkeyeSmokes

Looking goof there Pens. Can't wait to see the finished product. Glad to hear that you found a brisket, know you've been looking. Keep us posted, we are eagerly waiting.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Up In Smoke

Pens,
don't you just love it when a rainy day comes together?
the brisket looks awesome!
                                                                                                                                                                                         Those screens are High temp screens from yard and pool!
and yes they make clean up a lot easier as well as making food easier to remove from the racks.
makes for great jerky smokin' and the jerky pops right off.
these should definitely be on your list of accessories!!!
i have one set for the Bradley and am saving for a set for the cabela's 80L.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

westexasmoker

Looking good there Pens!! Ya know me likeee a good brisket!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

OU812

Looking good, now the special time to do its magic.

Your making me hungry

pensrock

Yep, they are hi temp screens. clean up is much easier and I also use them for things like pistachios and peanuts, the smaller holes work great. You can get them from Bryan at Y&P.

Well its 7:30 pm and it done. Will slice and reheat tomorrow, then vac pac in portions for later on. Total time was around 9 hours, three hours of smoke. Temp was at 210 degrees F. IT was near 195, I meant to pull it out around 185 but forgot. Man getting old bites, LOL. Actually I thought it would take longer and just probed it at 195. UIS: Rainy day smoking, a great way to be productive on a bad day. WTS: I used hickory on this one but I think you would still be able to eat a slice or two.  :) Hawkeye: yea I do not know why its so difficult to find a brisket around here, and the prices are pretty high.

Click the thumbnail for larger view:

HawkeyeSmokes

All I can say is WOW. Oh, and that you are a much better man than me if you can wait until tomorrow to slice that beauty. I would be into that in a heartbeat! Great job.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

pensrock

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on September 22, 2009, 05:22:01 PM
All I can say is WOW. Oh, and that you are a much better man than me if you can wait until tomorrow to slice that beauty. I would be into that in a heartbeat! Great job.  ;D

Done better than not slicing. Did not even sneak a taste. Actually, I'm stuffed from dinner.  :)