Building a Boeing 737-800 simulator

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Takes more than a little hammer to knock a good plane out of the air. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Flyboyandre

Here she is, dumped at the landfill station. Took 3 truck loads to get it all out of my damn driveway and garage but this time Man beat Plane.
I can still see Gene's head shaking while he mutters "Vapor barrier, really?

However, look at all of that space she left behind. Now comes a slight adjustment to my workbench area to create room for the curved visual setup.

Tenpoint5

Your not S*&^(^(G me any! Momma told you she was parking HER car in the garage by the weekend didn't she!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TedEbear

I've never seen anyone turn a 737 around in their garage before.   ;D

Sam3

Quote from: TedEbear on July 06, 2012, 07:22:34 AM
I've never seen anyone turn a 737 around in their garage before.   ;D

I just spit out my coffee!  ;D

Looking good Andre!

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 06, 2012, 05:47:01 AM
Your not S*&^(^(G me any! Momma told you she was parking HER car in the garage by the weekend didn't she!!

Lol, no way in hell because now I start the work of building the 14ft curved projector screen :)
Now I'm heading out to celebrate the parking job by buying a big flat of brisket to throw in the smoker :)

pikeman_95

Sailor

Quote from: pikeman_95 on July 06, 2012, 10:41:29 AM
I figured you had forgotten that you had a smoker.LOL
With the nice job on the cockpit I am thinking it would not take up much room to build a galley for the smoker  :o

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Sailor on July 06, 2012, 11:12:13 AM
Quote from: pikeman_95 on July 06, 2012, 10:41:29 AM
I figured you had forgotten that you had a smoker.LOL
With the nice job on the cockpit I am thinking it would not take up much room to build a galley for the smoker  :o

Heck no Kirby! I finally dug all my smoker stuff back out of the construction zone so now I will relocate the sausage stuffing station and start cranking out goodies again. Neighbors and friends have been nagging me for way too long so it's time to get off the pot!

Flyboyandre

Received an email from Krzysztof at Simworld today stating that they were done machining my MIP and that it left Poland today.
This is in many ways the key component for the interior build as it houses all the digital displays.

Additionally I tracked down a pair of 737 seats from Nick at APHS in Florida today so they should also be on their way across the country shortly.

My SSD drives arrived today as well and I built a temporary shelf unit that I hauled into an upstairs bedroom in order to start the main software installation.

Time to enjoy a cold drink while kicking back nearby the air conditioner. Cheers!

Tenpoint5

Looking forward to some sausage and brisket pics
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Flyboyandre

As I await panel parts and other components for the build, I decided to start working on the avionics software.
After installing the 3 new SSD drives this morning I got the OS up and running and started building the software layers for the sim.
This looks to become a 6 or 7 PC powerplant by the time I'm done, which is right in line with what I envisioned when I started.
Love the Prosim 737 software!

Flyboyandre

Alrighty! The first x-mas present has arrived from Santa in Poland. These guys make quality stuff and it's the first time I have seen anyone rival what my dad could do with tape, bubble wrap and a box. I'm sure that customs just took one look at it and said "we ain't dealing with that one" and on it went.
Still can't figure out how that many goodies can fit in a small box.

Thank you Krzysztof and Filip!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3rensho

That is some great looking workmanship.  Do these folks build parts for simulators as a full time business?
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: 3rensho on July 11, 2012, 10:36:11 PM
That is some great looking workmanship.  Do these folks build parts for simulators as a full time business?

Yup, 2 engineer students in Poland.
Http://www.simworld.pl