favorite place for sausage supplies

Started by Fair-chase, December 03, 2009, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fair-chase

I have ordered from LEM and Alied Kenco before. Just curious as to where others have been happy ordering sausage supplies and natural casings.

Tenpoint5

Sausage Maker
Westlinden locker
Fareway grocery store
Hauns butcher shop
I have a lot of local places to pick up different supplies. It is funny how you can strike up a conversation with the guy behind the meat counter and tell him what your planning on doing. Then "Hey when you get ready to do that come see me I have ...... I can hook you up." A few samples later and You have a permanent supplier.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

marauder11

The sausage maker has never treated me bad. I have to order a lot to justify the shipping and it is always pack well and never damaged when it show up.

Fair-chase

10.5:

Your lucky to still have some of the mom and pop places around to do buisness with.

Caribou

I've bought my casings at Cabelas both online and at the store and have been happy with what I've got from them.
They are carrying a lot more sausage supplies now including high temp cheese and additives such as dextrose.
I think they have free shipping on orders above $100 right now.
Also, I have ordered from LEM and Butcher Packer.
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 03, 2009, 08:21:02 PM
Sausage Maker
Westlinden locker
Fareway grocery store
Hauns butcher shop
I have a lot of local places to pick up different supplies. It is funny how you can strike up a conversation with the guy behind the meat counter and tell him what your planning on doing. Then "Hey when you get ready to do that come see me I have ...... I can hook you up." A few samples later and You have a permanent supplier.

We have a few mom N pop places here still. I can get hog, beef and sheep casings for 25lbs for $7

OU812

All of the above and Frisco Spices, they have a store in Omaha.

Mid-Western Research & Supply, I order before noon I get it the next day.

Piker

Just a note for the canucks on here. I just purchased some supplies from butcher-packers sent by ups and the shipping and brokerade fee tripled my amount. I ordered $45.00 dollars worth and it was $130.00 by the time it got here. Live and learn~~~. Piker

drano

Frisco from Omaha
http://www.friscospices.com/

Cases are very reasonable, as are their spice mixes.  I'm starting to mix my own spices now, but I really like the 3 spice mixes I've gotten from Frisco -- Summer Sausage, beer brat, pepper stick.

get smokin
drano

Fair-chase

Nepa:

Thanks for the link to the sausage source. I placed an order with them yesterday. They were the only place I found that had every item I needed. Also I was told my order would be shipped the same day I ordered .