New Orleans style BBQ shrimp

Started by KyNola, October 11, 2009, 11:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

Make your own (there's a link to a copycat recipe in one of my replies on page 2 of this thread).  I do feel your pain, though - I'd love to find Zaterain's Creole Mustard in the stores here but all I get is a smattering of the dry mixes which I rarely use.

OU812

Thanks KH

I'm going to have to read this post a couple more times to get it done with out the liquid Zaterain's Crab Boil. I have some other dish's that call for it and have tried to use the Old Bay without the same results as the liquid.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: OU812 on October 13, 2009, 07:16:37 AM
Quote from: Ka Honu on October 13, 2009, 06:38:06 AM
Old Bay has some different ingredients from Zaterain's (e.g., ginger, mace, cardamom, & cinnamon) so it would give you a slightly different taste and you'd have to rename the dish (Maryland style BBQ shrimp?).  No reason not to try it.

Thanks

Go figure the store caries the side dish's like Zaterain's red beans and rice and stuff like that but no Zaterain's crab boil. I have looked for it be for.

They can probably get it just may not carry it on their shelf. I always call the store mgr and ask if they can order something for me and most times they do.

OU812

Good idea CRG my daughter works at the ma and pa grocery store in town or I will call the No Frills down the road. Never thought of that  ::)

classicrockgriller

Quote from: OU812 on October 13, 2009, 10:09:55 AM
Good idea CRG my daughter works at the ma and pa grocery store in town or I will call the No Frills down the road. Never thought of that  ::)

Let me know if I can help. They sell it in the 7/11's here.

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 13, 2009, 11:03:15 AM
Quote from: OU812 on October 13, 2009, 10:09:55 AM

Let me know if I can help. They sell it in the 7/11's here.

You still have 7/11's ? Haven't seen one of those around for quite a wile.

I'll look around some more, being in the middle of cow country some of those coast things are hard to find and when you do it's kinda pricey

SnellySmokesEm

Ky-
Did you ever post your wife's red beans and rice?  I have been looking for a good recipe.  Thanks
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

KyNola

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks Ky -
Now i need to go to the butcher and get some fresh andouille.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

carnie1

I decided to make this tonight, all I can say is

OH YEAH

They were so good

classicrockgriller

That is a pretty picture!

Damn that looks good!

KyNola

Carnie,
PLEASE tell me you had some good crusty bread for sopping.

KyNola

squirtthecat

Heck with the bread...   Just pour it in a glass and drink it!

Man that looks good..

carnie1

Quote from: KyNola on February 26, 2010, 06:58:15 AM
Carnie,
PLEASE tell me you had some good crusty bread for sopping.

KyNola
Quote from: squirtthecat on February 26, 2010, 07:00:36 AM

Heck with the bread...   Just pour it in a glass and drink it!

Man that looks good..
Well, I forgot the bread  >:(, but had plenty of glasses to pour it in, I had a plate of onion rings, they worked, along with some water crackers, BTW I did drink a few spoonfuls too  ;D Next time bread is first on the list

KyNola

Yep,
I've turned the bowl up a time or two myself.  Glad you liked the NOLA BBQ shrimp recipe.