World famous Chipotle Dip!

Started by Superman in Training, July 01, 2005, 04:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superman in Training

Here is a recipe for my world famous Chipotle Dip. My friends can never get enough of this stuff! Even my girlfriend goes crazy for this. I could probably bottle this and instantly become a millionaire, but who wants all that hastle. Instead I will give it you y'all for free [8D]

2-6 dried chipotle peppers (Depending on how hot you want it)
2 TBSP Fresh Cilantro
2 Cloves Garlic
2 Green Onions
Juice from half a lime
1/2 tsp cumin
1tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 C Mayonnaise
1/2 C Sour Cream

To rehydrate the peppers put them in a bowl/jar and fill with boiling water. let soak for approx. 30 min and drain.(Water can be used for a  variety of other things) Discard stems and seeds of peppers (Leave seeds for a hotter dip)(**can use canned chipotle peppers just skip to this part**)

Puree peppers,garlic,green onions (bulbs only), cilantro, cumin, paprika, and lime juice together in a food processor.
Add sour cream and mix well.
Put in a serving bowl and wisk in mayonnaise and serve.
Can be made one day ahead.

Chef's note. Also great on sandwiches, hamburgers, grilled steak and chicken.

psdubl07

Damn that sounds good.  While I was reading it I was thinking, this would be good on burgers.  Then read it at the end of your post!

Shawn_In_Training

I love Chipotle flavor! Do you think this recipe could be accomplished with Chipotle power?

Shawn (another "in Training)

Always trying to improve my technique

nsxbill

Have you done this with the Chipotle in adobo sauce in cans?  The dip sounds great.

Thanks for posting up.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Superman in Training

Another "in training"
I love it!

I have never tried chipotle powder so I am not 100% sure that it would work, but I am sure that if you mess around with the recipe that it will turn out.

I have used canned chipotles in adobo sauce, this is a much faster way to prepare the dip. They differ slightly in taste, but both are excellent. [:p]

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but my computer got hacked into and I was offline for a month or so
[V]

HCT

Dayum, that sounds good enough to drink through a straw. [:)]

Mickey

LABS RULE!!!  

God bless our wildlife!
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

SoupGuy

I have Chipotle squirting out of my ears! Earlier this summer I bought 10 LBS of Jalapenos and 10 LBS Ancho peppers (ok, poblano, but even that isn't really accurate). Smoked, dried and ground it all to powder. I ended up with 1 LB of each powdered.

Since then, my own pepper garden went NUTS this year and I've now also got bags full of both chipotle and ANCHO (and Habanero big time).

This recipe looks fantastic and I can't wait to try it!

BTW folks- Chipotle on your homemade beef jerky is AWESOME! Also, in Chili, tacos, Ckicken Enchilada's and believe it or not, on steamed (or boiled) green beans! I even use it in steamed rice (with extra butter- its fantastic).

SMOKE those peppers before they smoke YOU!

psdubl07

I made this 2 weekends ago and we liked it so much we made it again this past weekend.  I went the full 6 on the chipotles, pretty zippy, but doesn't kill you.  Still need to put it on a burger.
Yummers, try it! [:D]

EDIT: I used the canned chipotles in adobo sauce.

irish_smoker

I made this last night, the wife took half to a dinner last night (came back with an empty bowl) and took the other half to a pitch in at work today.  She just called me because it's all gone and 5 people are asking for the recipe.  Nice work Superman.

Chez Bubba

Let me get this straight. You made it, and she used it all? Man, has she got you whipped! ;D

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MWS

I just bought some chipotle chili pepper today. Maybe I'll use it for the dip recipe. Sounds like a winner.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

irish_smoker

Hey, it got her out of the house didn't it?

iceman

Quote from: irish_smoker on September 21, 2006, 10:51:33 AM
Hey, it got her out of the house didn't it?
When your good, your good i.s. :D I usually just tell Ann if she takes the muts for a long drive I'll cook dinner. (Which is already finishing up in the smoker). Then it's relax and cold brewskie time. ;D ;)

Malc

Ever try that Chipotle Tobasco sauce?  Pretty good stuff.  I make a good glaze with it using the following:

Equal parts Chipotle Tobasco and honey with a little splash of lime juice.  It is pretty good on chicken, shrimp, cereal, etc...

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

iceman

Quote from: Malc on September 24, 2006, 04:59:12 AM
Ever try that Chipotle Tobasco sauce?  Pretty good stuff.  I make a good glaze with it using the following:

Equal parts Chipotle Tobasco and honey with a little splash of lime juice.  It is pretty good on chicken, shrimp, cereal, etc...

Malc
That sounds like it would make one heck of a glaze on a grilled pork loin. :P