/wave

Started by Lind, October 03, 2010, 01:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lind

Hello All...I have been smoking meats for years now. I finally broke down and bought a 6 rack electric last week. although I haven't had much time to play with it yet and am just now getting it together and seasoning it. It looks like a lot of fun in my near future. One question for you. I plan on doing no modifications to it while under warranty I would like to put 2 handles on it (1 per side). Would that void the warranty?
    Lind

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Lind!

I am not an authority on what would void the warranty, but I would not think that it would.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

hal4uk

Hello Lind!  Welcome to the forum!

Lemme guess... You wanna pick it up to set it on a table when you're smoking?
You might consider a small cart to keep it on, that solves the working height and mobility thing  ;D

Some of the folks around here have built some dandy carts you might look at.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Lind

Yeah a cart would be OK and help keep the digital read out higher. The handles were more for me putting it in storage when not in use. I will have to take it up a few steps if I don't want to leave it outside.
                                                                                             Lind

GusRobin

Quote from: Lind on October 03, 2010, 01:45:29 PM
I will have to take it up a few steps if I don't want to leave it outside.

If leaving it outside is more a weather concern and not a safety, theft, or aesthics issue, you can always just buy a cover for it and leave the whole thing outside. Or just bring the smoke generator in and leave the cabinent outside.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

classicrockgriller

Lind, Glad to have you with Us.   

KyNola

Chili Head

Welcome to the forums Lind  ;)

VI_Smoker

Welcome to the forum Lind.  I left my OBS out over the summer (it was in heavy use  ;)) and the sun faded the door badly, the food still tastes great though!