Snake River Farms discount

Started by KyNola, November 16, 2010, 12:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Snake River Farms is where a few of us have ordered the Kurobuta pork and Wagyu beef.  I received an email from them that said from now until 12/31/2010 meat ordered online will receive a 15% discount if you know the "secret" code.  Well, it's not a "secret" anymore 'cause I'm telling ya'll. :D  If you go to their website www.snakeriverfarms.com and place an order, when you get to the promo code box, put in the code "srfvip".  The 15% should come off your order total.

Their service is top notch and the meat will arrive at your door in the morning of the day you specify either still frozen or very very cold in a very stout box. 

FLBentRider

They make the best brisket I have ever eaten.

Thanks again CRG!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pensrock

I went there to check it out. I added a few items and went to the checkout..... wow the shipping is killer. I had to cancel the order cause the shipping was more than the order.  :(
The discount code did work in case anyone is placing an order.  :)

Wildcat

Quote from: pensrock on November 16, 2010, 02:13:02 PM
I went there to check it out. I added a few items and went to the checkout..... wow the shipping is killer. I had to cancel the order cause the shipping was more than the order.  :(
The discount code did work in case anyone is placing an order.  :)

I tried it as well. Discount worked, but the shipping was so high that I backed out as well. Additionally, I had no control on the arrival date. It indicated Friday and I have a few Doctor appointments and physical therapy Friday. I do not want a brisket bad enough to pay near $10.00 per pound.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Ka Honu

It was a great brisket (Thanks again, CRG & FLBR) but if you guys on the mainland are complaining about the shipping, there's no sense in me even going to the site other than to drool.

hal4uk

Snake River Farms only sells "Treats"...
The stuff that is so good (and, yes, expensive) that you only buy it for special occaisions.
The shipping is just a necessary part of that cost.

Similarly, I don't go OUT to eat if I can't tip the waitron 20%.
I consider that, too, part of the cost of a special treat.

That said, I know that, for most of my life, I couldn't afford any of these things.
I still can't eat that way every day (nor do I wish to).
However, if you can afford it, you will not be disappointed with SRF.

I'll say one more thing about this...
I bought a Berkshire pork shoulder from SRF (as many of you know).
With shipping, it cost me about $4/lb.  That's expensive for pork shoulder.
But, trust me (or do your own math)... It's still cheaper than Cheetos.

Which do y'all think was better?
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

slrpro02

Well I got in on this deal. I have been reading about this place on the forum for a while now. Have to try it at lest once, here is what I got. Item/Description Qty Price Total Delivery Date

Brisket
Item No: 35027

Size Description: more than 17 lbs

1 $95.00 $95.00 Friday, November 19, 2010
2nd Day Air

Boneless Ribeye Roast
Item No: 35015

Size Description: 7 lbs

1 $175.00 $175.00 Friday, November 19, 2010
2nd Day Air

Baby Back Ribs
Item No: 21438

Size Description: 1 lbs

5 $11.00 $55.00 Friday, November 19, 2010
2nd Day Air

Pork Spareribs
Item No: 21458

Size Description: 2 lbs

2 $24.00 $48.00 Friday, November 19, 2010
2nd Day Air

Order Total
Merchandise Subtotal $373.00
Discount ($55.95)
Shipping $115.40
Tax $0.00
Total $432.45
Can not really afford it, but figure only live once.

Wildcat

I do not think their price is that bad for high quality. (Brisket is a little over $5 per pound). My problem is it costs around $4 per pound to ship 2nd day express.
I simply do not want to pay that kind of shipping price. I quit smoking a couple of years ago because I refused to pay the extra dollar per pack tax increase at the time.

In my opinion this shiping method should be an option. I order from Omaha Steaks frequently and they ship in dry ice in a really good styrofoam ice chest  via UPS with optional methods of delivery. Normal shipping costs are so small that when I order large quantities they will ship for free. Omaha will also hold shipment so that it will arrive on a date that you desire.

Granted, this meat might be better than Omaha, but there is no reason that I can see for requiring shipment via such an expensive method with no options being given to the customer on arrival dates other than requiring them to order two days prior to when it is desired. I do not want expensive meat sitting on my sunny front portch (possibly all day long) here in Florida...

classicrockgriller

I have ordered from SRF for three other people, but haven't ordered any for myself.

I think for 15% off, I'll get a Brisket and some Pig shoulder for the TSO.

Wildcat, I sent a brisket and ribs to Sis in your town and it arrived mid-day and

they snatched it off the porch around 5 and it was frozen solid as a rock.

hal4uk

I found my order confirmation...
(for a 20# pork shoulder)
----------------------------------------

Dear Hal,

Thank you for your recent purchase from Snake River Farms. We appreciate your business.

Delivery Date: 07/23/2010
Product Price: $58.00
Shipping: $25.00
Tax: $.00
Total Purchase: $83.00

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Quote from: hal4uk on November 17, 2010, 09:34:13 AM
I found my order confirmation...
(for a 20# pork shoulder)
----------------------------------------

Dear Hal,

Thank you for your recent purchase from Snake River Farms. We appreciate your business.

Delivery Date: 07/23/2010
Product Price: $58.00
Shipping: $25.00
Tax: $.00
Total Purchase: $83.00

They have now cutt the shoulder size down to 16 lbs and left the price the same.

Wildcat

Merchandise Sub Total $70.00
Discount ($10.50)
Subtotal $59.50
Est. Shipping $48.17
Est. Total $107.67

KyNola

Quote from: slrpro02 on November 17, 2010, 12:18:07 AM
Well I got in on this deal. I have been reading about this place on the forum for a while now. Have to try it at lest once, here is what I got. Item/Description Qty Price Total Delivery Date
Brisket
Item No: 35027
Size Description: more than 17 lbs
Pork Spareribs
Item No: 21458
slrpro, I have one of those briskets in my feezer.  Wait until you see the size of that big boy and the fat cap! The spareribs your ordered are St. Louis cut and are the finest I have ever made.  You'll love them.

Today I pulled the trigger on a pork belly, burger patties, franks and brats.  I talked to them about being able to use the belly for bacon.  They assured me I could but that their bellies are leaner than bellies typically used for bacon.  LEANER?!  There ain't nothing lean on a Berkshire pig! :o  If they say leaner, OK by me. Sounds like more meat and less fat. :D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Wildcat on November 17, 2010, 11:08:52 AM
Merchandise Sub Total $70.00
Discount ($10.50)
Subtotal $59.50
Est. Shipping $48.17
Est. Total $107.67

I sent BIL a 14 lb Brisket and two racks of St louis stye ribs and shipping was $25.

hal4uk

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 17, 2010, 09:35:55 AM
They have now cutt the shoulder size down to 16 lbs and left the price the same.
Still "Cheaper than Cheetos".
Awrighten.

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby