Yet another NEW GUY thread...

Started by brewmeone, April 11, 2007, 04:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brewmeone

Hello everyone... this is my first post on this fine message board.

I just placed my order for a brand new Bradley Digital Smoker on Amazon.com.  I chose the free shipping option, so it will be a couple weeks before I can test it out. 

I'm an experienced smoke cooker... though previously used a Brinkmann barrel smoker.  I tend to favor the large BBQ cuts... butt, brisket, etc.  Hickory is my favorite wood, though I've also smoked with maple, cherry, apple, and pecan.  If I'm grilling a steak or chicken... oak is by far my favorite. 

I love smoke cooking... can't wait to give my BDS a spin.

Oh... and if anyone is wondering about my username... brewmeone... I also do some homebrewing.

Consiglieri

Welcome aboard, particularly since you're a homebrewer too!  You're gonna love this machine.

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew... and smoke some butt.
Consiglieri

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum Brewmeone!  My experience has been with the same type of unit as you have until the BS entered my life.  Keep your old unit.  Beef steaks are better with it vice the Bradley.  With the BS you will need to cold smoke, wrap, place in the fridge overnight, then grill the next day.  It does a good job, but more hassle and less smoke flavor.  I also tried hot smoking steaks in the BS.  Good flavor, but not very tender.  When it comes to everything else, the BS wins hands down.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Cajun

Welcome to the fourm Brewmeone there is a lot of good recipes and advice here, :) also a super bunch of people, we have a chat room on Tuesday night between 7:00 till we get tired.. This is where we solve all the world problems and learn a few things ;D  Good clean fun.. Again Welcome   The Cajun
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

brewmeone

Quote from: Cajun on April 11, 2007, 05:54:05 PM
      Welcome to the fourm Brewmeone there is a lot of good recipes and advice here, :) also a super bunch of people, we have a chat room on Tuesday night between 7:00 till we get tired.. This is where we solve all the world problems and learn a few things ;D  Good clean fun.. Again Welcome   The Cajun

How do I join the chatroom?  Is there a link that is posted on Tuesdays? 

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes.  I'm looking forward to sharing my BS stories and reading everyone's experiences.

Mr Walleye

Welcome Brewmeone!

You'll be BS'ing like the rest of us in no time!  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

brew, Mr Walleye above gave you the link to the recipe and chat site.

Register there and then watch for an email coming back to you. Follow direction in the email to be able to chat.  There is usually a posting from Owrstrich but otherwise just remember tuesday night. Welcome and take care  :)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

IKnowWood

brewsome

welcome, I see your on the recipe/chat site also.

Welcome aboard.  We all have some similar experiences and much more knowledge across the board with all things from smoking, life, love and food.   hmmm  kinda like a family (and it is  ;) )

welcome and don't be shy, most of us aren't.

One thing you need to experiment with is the tastes of smoke of wood in your other smoker is very different with the bradley.  The smoke production methods are so different you can really taste and smell the differences with different woods.

I love the taste of smoke so I am a bit extreme.  For Beef I typically prefer straight Mesquite.  For pork, depends, ribs Pecan, Butt (pulled pork) Pecan & sometimes some Apple, Ham Apple or Hickery. Turkey Hickory. chicken Hickory. Cheese Oak & Maple. Nuts Maple  But at times I change it up on what's available depending on the meat and use of the product.  then its cause I am low on one wood type.

This just adds to the fun of smoking with pure clean smoke.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

coyote

Good to have you with us Brewmeone , Remember BSin' like livin'....it's always more fun when ya share ;)
                                                                                       Coyote
ps. I have'nt bewed many ...but I've had a few 8)

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome here brewmeone!, like many here i used to use a charcoal smoker, i could never go back to that now, the BS is far too convenient and produces great food, plus we have this great forum, and the recipe site which you've obviously found, that's what it's all about imo  ;)

Just like everybody else here......
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

hillbillysmoker

Welcome...looking forward to you sharing your experiences with us.  Also there is a wealth of information available here.  Dont' be afraid to ask.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Welcome brewmeone.

Everyone just about covered it  ;D

nepas