Smoked Cheese, Smoked Brisket, Smoked Smoker!

Started by westexasmoker, May 10, 2009, 09:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Man, WTS, really sorry to hear about this!  What a shame!  I could bring up something cute like how you like to go to the extreme to get a lot of bark on your brisket - but I won't.

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Holly crap!! Sorry about your smoker.
Good thing it was only the smoker.

I have done the over night thing many times and one time i did a big loud of butts when i came to the smoker it kinda smelled like i was cooking steaks on the grill i opened the door slowly and the grease was boiling on the V pan.
The drip hole was still open but grease was built up on the V pan so thick it was like just asking for trouble.

Ever sense then I have a foil roasting pan about the same size as the rack on the bottom rack half full of water that i can catch the drippings and makes clean up alot quicker.

It took about a can of oven cleaner to clean up the V pan after the close call but never again.

smokeitall

Wow that sucks WTS.  I hope you got the cash for a new one, I would hate to be without one.

Just curious, do you use a PID and/or a Maverick?

KyNola

WOW WTS!  So sorry for your misfortune.

KyNola

Tenpoint5

WTS,

I guess you had it right better to be without your Bradley than without water from the pump house. Homeowners insurance might cover that and get you a new one. To get you back to smoking Briskets again.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

manxman

Sorry to see what happened to your BS WTS, hope you can get sorted with a new one before too long.
Manxman

easyridinole

WTS,

Sorry to see your smoker is all burnt up!  :-[ Hopefully you can get a new one and up and going soon!

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

FLBentRider

WTS,
That sucks.

I hope you get back to smoking soon.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

WTS,
I got thinking about it. That must have been one HELL OF A TEABAG. That hit your smoker!!! ;D ;D ;D Everything is good except the smoker so I thought I would give you something to smile about.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 12, 2009, 07:18:34 PM
WTS,
I got thinking about it. That must have been one HELL OF A TEABAG. That hit your smoker!!! ;D ;D ;D Everything is good except the smoker so I thought I would give you something to smile about.

Now its all making sense!  ::)   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!