Hab's Onion Sauce for Brisket

Started by seemore, May 18, 2009, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Chef Scott (aka Mr. Seemore) and his LOVELY assistant, Tasha, prepare to cook:

The brisket was seasoned with salt & pepper, as directed by Habs:

The brisket was smoked in the Bradley per Hab's instructions.  
Likewise, the onion sauce was also prepared.  We added a little more garlic and spice to it, and then poured it in a foil-lined baking dish into which the smoked brisket was placed:

It was then placed in the oven and baked per Hab's instructions.  Tasha diligently guarded the oven so that NO ONE dared to try it before it was ready:

Once out of the oven, the brisket was plated and served with the gravy, mashed potatoes and corn:

Tasha pouted, because after all of her hard work, she had to eat dog food, while we FEASTED on brisket:

FLBentRider

Very nice looking brisket!

"and your little dog too!"   ;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

I'm with FL, she's a beauty!.....And that brisket looks pretty good also!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

oldsmoker

Great looking family member. Also great looking brisket. Haqve to love those dogs.
OLDSMOKER

Habanero Smoker

The brisket looks good. I'm making another one for this weekend.

Did you use wine or the beer? By the color of the sauce I'm guessing beer. How did you like it?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

Now that's a lapdog!!!  ;D

Man that brisket looks good.  Got me yearning!  Haven't made one in 5 or 6 weeks now.  Man I sure hope it doesn't rain this weekend - It'll be Brisket Time in Tennessee!!

"We added a little more garlic and spice to it"  You'r stealing my mantra - Caney's Cooking Law No. 2 - One can never use too much spice (well almost never).  Caney's Cooking Law No. 3. - One can never use too much garlic - NEVER!

BTW - Caney's Cooking Law No. 1 - Jalepenos and Hot Sauce go with EVERYTHING!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

easyridinole

Them are some great looking pictures! The looks of that brisket is getting me hungry for one, but before I do I should borrow your dog to stand in front of my fridge in the garage! :D Doing a brisket kind of takes a toll on my beer inventory!

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Roadking

Seemore, brisket looks good but the Dobi looks better. We had a female years ago "Cherokee". She was so friendly to everyone until you want to leave the house. She would guard the door and not allow you to leave until my wife said it was OK.

seemore

Habs, we used a Sam Adams lager for the beer.  I think we will use red wine next time.  We liked it a lot - of course Mr. always thinks everything could use a little more heat - like Caney!
I used a "boat motor" - in the words of Emeril - to puree the onions down.
This was our second brisket - the first one did not turn out so well....
This was quite tender, and had a wonderful smoke to it!

Tasha is a sweetheart and a SPOILED LITTLE BRAT.  She is seven months old today.  Next Tuesday I am taking her to the Vet to be spayed.  Good thing;  she is in LOVE with the little boy pug next door, and has tried to leap the fence to get him.  She is just about there, so Mr. and I take turns going out there with her when he is out.  I would hate to see the results of such an interlude.  A pugerman?  Doberug?

Gizmo

Quote from: seemore on May 19, 2009, 03:53:04 PM
  I would hate to see the results of such an interlude.  A pugerman?  Doberug?

LMAO

I like the Doberug best.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Sam Adams is good beer, you can't go wrong with that. For me the wine is alright, but since I used beer I'm going to stay with it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)