• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

PID sensor/probe

Started by sonny red, June 11, 2009, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonny red

Where is the best place to mount the PID sensor inside the OBS. I did a search, but could not find this particular topic. Getting my new Bradley Saturday, already have the Auber and a Maverick...
Jeff

KyNola

Sonny,
Gotta love that you don't even have your Bradley yet but you're already wondering where to mount the temp probe for your PID. :)  I can't help you with the answer.  I just liked your commitment!  Folks more learned than me will come along and tell you the optimum place to mount the temp probe for your PID.

Roll the smoke and let us hear about and see the results.
                            KyNola

Up In Smoke

Sonny,
i run the PID probe through the vent in the OBS just above the rack the food is on.
then take a small piece of tape and stick it to the outside of the cabinet so the probe does
not move around.

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

NePaSmoKer

I do the same as U I S does.

nepas

beefmann

mines mounted in the back , in the middle of the  top shelf  and top and in center of the sides, doesent have to be exact

Beef

sonny red

Thanks for the quick replies

Jeff

starship

Smack right in the middle of the cooking area, between rack 2 & 3 (of 4 racks) and in the middle side to side.  I bought the through the back prob from Arber.  Matches real close to the Bradley indication.
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

FLBentRider

Down the vent, a brick holds down the wire.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Down the vent, diagonal to the back top left side, attached with a link, vertical down the left side to just under the third rack from the top, attached with a link, horizontally to the right to the center of the cabnet, attached with a bracket holding the tip about 1/2" away from the back.

Up In Smoke

Quote from: OU812 on June 17, 2009, 05:06:21 AM
Down the vent, diagonal to the back top left side, attached with a link, vertical down the left side to just under the third rack from the top, attached with a link, horizontally to the right to the center of the cabnet, attached with a bracket holding the tip about 1/2" away from the back.
:D :D :D :D
Spiderman smokes! ;D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

OU812

Quote from: Up In Smoke on June 17, 2009, 03:32:41 PM
Quote from: OU812 on June 17, 2009, 05:06:21 AM
:D :D :D :D
Spiderman smokes! ;D

You smoked me out  8)

drano

I've got the Auber permanent probe, and put it between the middle 2 racks.  If this is the probe you have, mount it fairly close to the bottom of a rack so meat on the next rack down doesn't hit it. 
get smokin
drano