• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Using Multiple Racks at the Same Time

Started by Bob-B-Q, June 12, 2009, 04:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob-B-Q

What is everyone's opinion on using multiple racks at the same time?  For example, I want to cook 6 slabs of ribs this weekend.  If I cut the slabs in half I can fit them on the 4 shelves.  But, should they be rotated?  Moving the trays closer and further from the heating element ( i only have the one on the bottom).  Does it matter?  Or do you leave them and pull each rack as it is done?

Also, I would like to know where most would put their cabinet probe for temperature (I should have my Maverick Dual probe tonight.  Should it go on the bottom because that is the closest to the heating element?  Or in the middle?

Sorry for all the questions, but I know many of you have been through this.

I appreciate any and all help!!!!   

Wildcat

By all means rotate racks front to back and bottom to top.  I recommend the cabinet probe be located near the meat but not touching so that you can see what temp the meat is being exposed to.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Gizmo

Why I would never do more than one rack of food in the BS.  Now don't look at my avatar.  It is a secret.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Cat has you spot on with rotate.  Bottom back side is hot, hot, hot.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

I always place my probe below the bottom rack. My probe attaches using an alligator clip, so it is easy to remove and reattach. You can purchase alligator clips at most hardware or electronic stores; just make sure you get one that fits.

The reason I place mine at the bottom is because that is where the heat source is. If you place it at top or in between racks, the moisture evaporating from them meat will give you a lower temperature reading.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)