• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello Everyone

Started by RocketSurgeon, June 04, 2009, 07:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherlock

I think we all have had our experiences with near disasters. Mine was that my smoker is on a stand with lockable casters. Well a few months ago I was in a hurry and did not lock the casters. Later I was rotating my shelves and the smoker started rolling away from me. Somehow, in my efforts to keep everything upright and off the driveway, I was only partially successfull. I fell on the driveway, pulled a tendon in my foot, scraped my knee, and broke my glasses. No one was watching so my pride remained intact.

Glad your meat came out good. It seems like its hard to go too far wrong with these things.
;D
Nathan

Wildcat

;D You have now officially been christened.  Been there myself.  Most importantly, congradulations on the job well done.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

I wish I hadn't just taken a drink of coffee just before reading your post!  Now I have coffee spotted walls and coffee spotted papers everywhere - that was funny, but we've all had it happen in some way or another.  The alum. angles sound like a grand idea!  Thought about doing them myself, but too lazy so far.

I still remember the single thought running through my head as the pan started tipping-SAVE THE MEAT!!! 

That's the attitude - gotta take one for the Gipper every now and then!!!  But then don't forget the 5 second rule!  It really didn't fall to the ground if it stayed on the ground for less than 5 seconds!!! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Mr Walleye

:D LMAO  :D

Atta boy RocketSurgeon!

Ya get extra points for taking one for the team!  ;)

... and congrats on the successful smoke!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

That was a really fabulous tale....we have all had some odd stuff happen...but...I did laugh out loud at yours...welcome Rocketdoc...you'll fit right in here!!!!  ;D  ;D

seemore

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome. I'm new to the Bradley myself.

If you want to do ribs, I would recommend following the advice from 10.5.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10182.msg109618#msg109618

I tried that after my first attempt that failed in my opinion.

Here is a pic of what they looked like following his directions.

Tasted even better than they looked. 2 hours of apple smoke and followed by about 4 more hours in foil with apple juice and and 1 hour with the sauce on. From what I can tell is ribs take 2 or 3 hours longer than what was cooking on before.

Have fun with it and enjoy.
HawkeyeSmokes