• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Burning Down the (Smoke) House

Started by Kummok, February 02, 2005, 10:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> i didn't have the little cheif, had a brinkman water smoker.
going to the best butt in the world, a few beers and several hours later i realized that the water pan had gone empty.....did you know that pork fat had a flash point?????
i learned this as i picked the smoker lid up off of the driveway and threw the charcoal pork to the neighbors dog!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I have not laugh this hard in a long time. Great stories all!

Now mine is not as funny but when I was a young man I was smoking about 100 pound of Polish sauage in a very large dual door refrigerator. The fire box was a 55 gal. drum.

Well my buddy and I were doing shots and chasing them with beer. All was good until we passed out. I remember thinking that I was not going be able to stand up much longer so for whatever reason I just loaded up that ole fire box with oak.

The next afternoon we bury the stuff~~! Man was Momma ticked off--she had stuffed most of the hanks.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />...since this is my year of smoker horizon broadening[:D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">What's up with this? Are we going to see "Kummok's Fine Smoked Meats & Fish" located at 123 E Pioneer Ave.? Is it going to be available at www.bestdamnsalmon.com ? What's the scoop RC?

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

I also had a Lil Chef as my first smoker--really loved it cuz it started me on my smokin' journey 20 years ago . . .

It's gone now . . . I was doing a load of 'stachios (in the shell) on a couple of makeshift shelves and one of the shelves slipped off the rail and dumped the nuts directly onto the burner. I didn't know that stachio shells are flammable, but they definitely are!  The heat was enough to burn out the bottom of the Lil, and luckily a neighbor came rushing over with a fire extinguisher and doused the thing before my porch could catch on fire. Despite mourning the loss of the Lil, I couldn't help but notice that the smoke smelled pretty good--found out later that pistachio shells are good for smokin' other nuts and meat!

Ended up buying a Meco, and then the BS . . . guess things happen for a reason! [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

St. Helens Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">You reminded me of when we not only SAVED the box, we VARNISHED the box to make it weatherproof and last longer....talk about making a dollar stretch<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">- Kummok

No varnish here, but a good few $$$'s of duct tape over the years..we moved quite a bit the first years me and the missus were together and my  buddies would never understand the fact that I wouldn't even blink when they chewed up our furniture loading stuff, but would treat that old beat up box like it were crown jewels or something[:D]

Up In Smoke

ok time for a cooking show!
something that would rival the red green show!

maybe call it cooking with cold beer<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> i didn't have the little cheif, had a brinkman water smoker.
going to the best butt in the world, a few beers and several hours later i realized that the water pan had gone empty.....did you know that pork fat had a flash point?????
i learned this as i picked the smoker lid up off of the driveway and threw the charcoal pork to the neighbors dog!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I have not laugh this hard in a long time. Great stories all!

Now mine is not as funny but when I was a young man I was smoking about 100 pound of Polish sauage in a very large dual door refrigerator. The fire box was a 55 gal. drum.

Well my buddy and I were doing shots and chasing them with beer. All was good until we passed out. I remember thinking that I was not going be able to stand up much longer so for whatever reason I just loaded up that ole fire box with oak.

The next afternoon we bury the stuff~~! Man was Momma ticked off--she had stuffed most of the hanks.

http://rminor.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

head....spinning........must smoke
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.