• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What's smoking weekend of June 27?

Started by Caneyscud, June 24, 2009, 07:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

You can't get Bud limes up here--it's always sold out. I have to do it the old school way--slice the lime and add it to the beer myself.(Life is rough in Canada, eh!) Smoker might be quiet this weekend--I'm  trying to catch some salmon tomorrow--if I do then it will be Kummok's strips on Sunday.
T2

Ka Honu

So far, so good - took the brisket out of the smoker for an overnight "boat" in the oven.  The Tasso will stay in the OBS for a while till IT hits about 150o.

NePaSmoKer

Looks pretty dang good there KH

nepas

Gizmo

I wonder how much a ticket to Hawaii is?
I am ready for some of that Tasso.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

deb415611

pensrock

Argonne73

Baby back ribs and some salmon, both wild and farm raised.    Haven't used the smoker since last October (and I'm female) so I'm feeling rusty.

It's also my first attempt at smoked salmon.    Keep your fingers crossed that it's all good!

Karen in Kansas

Smokin Soon

I did not report back on the post I had doing a load of Habs Canadian using Pork Cushion. Very impressed with the results. I expected it to be more lean and grainy, but it was just the opposite. The texture is very smooth like ham. Also Fry's better with a few very small fat veins. I cut the brown sugar amount in half and replaced it with honey powder. Poured a small amount of Pure Maple Syrup in after day 4 of the cure. Really a very tasty batch! I wish I had some pics of some lightly browned, but it vaporized too quickly.

Ka Honu

Finally, after a comedy of errors that included some celebratory adult beverages (a friend sold his father's house after six months of frustration), a power surge that turned off the oven in the middle of the night, and some "on the fly" adjustments to make it work on a day when I was grilling at the beach instead of tending brisket on the home front, we have product!  It's almost too "done" (slicing instead of pulling is a challenge) but otherwise excellent. 

I might have gotten better brisket in Lockhart, but not much better (and it would have been far more expensive, especially when you factor in the airfare).

pensrock

I'm doing a meatloaf today. I posted it in the 'meat' section. Just put it in the smoker a few minutes ago.

deb415611

I was going to do a brisket but none at the store.  These caught my eye:

After 4 hrs in the smoker (2 hrs oak) ,  a little boat action & then they went back into the smoker for a couple hours.....

Dinner:

pensrock

HawkeyeSmokes

Hi,

My weekend got a late start because of work. I've got a pork butt going right now. Should be done about noon tomorrow.

Rubbed and ready.

In the Bradley.

Some slaw for the pulled pork.

After 4 hours of smoke.

It's been boated and in the oven now for an overnight. Will post more once it's done.

Dale
HawkeyeSmokes

La Quinta

Dang Deb...those shorties look awesome....mouth watering great!!! Well done... :)