• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Fun evening last night

Started by Tiny Tim, June 24, 2009, 12:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

Yesterday morning when I got here to "work", I logged onto Facebook and had an e-mail waiting from an old classmate wondering where I had been the night before.  Some time ago, I told her I had been going to some Summer Rec League baseball and softball games after work, and it just happens that her kid was playing that night at the field I usually go to.  She also informed me that they had a re-match of this game last night in her town which is 15 minutes away, so I told her I'd try to get there.

Around noon, it was really hot and humid here so I was wondering what I had gotten myself into, you know, if I don't show, I'll likely not hear the end of it very soon.  By about 4, it had cooled off to about 80, and didn't seem so humid, so I felt a lot better about going.  I assumed the game was at 6:00, so I closed at 5:00, meandered to the other town and had a quick Mickey Dee's supper before heading to the field.  On the way down, I heard on the radio that the game I wanted to see was at 8:00, but there was another before it.

I pulled in and got a parking spot where I could see most of the field, and watched 2 full softball games, and got to talk to my friend a little bit, all during a very beautiful evening where the temp was in the 70's with a nice breeze.

Gizmo

Sure do miss the old acquaintances that are synonymous with little towns.  Funny how I hated little towns as a kid.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Ya know what Tiny...that's a good story...get her number???  ;D

deb415611

Sounds like a great night Tiny.  I hung out at the softball fields when I was younger.

Giz,  I know what you mean,  I couldn't wait to leave when I was a kid,  I'd live there now. 

wkahler

I grew up in a small town and i get involved in some contract work every year at the local county fair and it is a guarantee that i will see most of my old class mates.  Now you have to take into a account there was only 15 in our class and we where the largest class to every graduate from the school, and still are since they closed two years after my class left.  Its funny how you can see some old friends and girlfriends and some of them still hold a grudge about the old times, that's the girlfriends mainly!  I saw one of my ex about two years ago and she still will not talk to me, now her whole family will but she just looks at me really quick and then looks away!  i guess some things never change!!  ::)
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

Tiny Tim

Quote from: La Quinta on June 24, 2009, 10:33:59 PM
Ya know what Tiny...that's a good story...get her number???  ;D

Nah, but we're friends on facebook...besides, she's married and I don't intentionally play with fire unless smoking or grilling something.  ;D ;D ;D

Margareeman

I know what you all mean about growing up in a small community,  I would move back in a second. The nearest shopping mall is about an hour and a half away, along with,big mac's, wendy burgers, king burgers. In my opinion, and just my opinion, I think growing up in the country is better for ya. The great outdoors, fishing, hunting, camping, awwwww heaven! Great story Tiny.

iceman

Thanks for the story Tiny. It brought a smile to my face thinking of all the old times back home. Couldn't wait to get out of there, now I'd love to go back for a spell and chill out with some old friends.  :)

Tenpoint5

Aint it great Tiny!!! We just celebrated my towns 175th. This past weekend. Funny thing is I remember being in all the festivities 25 years ago. Glad I moved back to the small town.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

manxman

QuoteI know what you all mean about growing up in a small community,

I agree, I moved back to the small community I grew up in a couple of years back. Although I am nearly 50 I still get called "boy" by some of the old timers!!  ;) :D

Manxman

Margareeman

Hey Manxman, gotta love the old timers. I am actually going home for a few days. Leaving Friday. Going to do a little brook fishing, a little beer drinking and a big lobster boil!