• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Urgent! Problem with my DBS - Just put a pork loin in!

Started by MontanaGuy, July 04, 2009, 07:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MontanaGuy

Hey smokers!

I'm hoping someone will see this soon and know what to do.  I just put a pork loin in and now my smoker is having problems.  I preheated the oven with no problem.  But when I try to use the smoker, I get a beeping sound and an "E" flashes on the display.  It doesn't seem to be advancing the pucks.  I used it last weekend with no problem.  I've tried turning it off and disconnecting/reconnecting all the cables.  Still no luck. The oven still works so I can finish the pork loin but there won't be any smoke.

Any advice?  It's a Saturday so Bradley is closed.  

I appreciate any help you might have to offer.

deb415611

Montana Guy,,

I don't have a digital so I don't know the error.   Check the faq's   http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481   scroll down to the digital section & there are some E error faqs.

Deb

MontanaGuy

Deb,

Thanks for the quick reply!  To you and everyone else who reads this, good news........crisis averted!  I started searching the forum for a similar problem.  Found someone else who had the problem before.  One of the members, I think it was Gizmo, responded to the person with the problem by suggesting that he take the back off the smoker and clear all the wood chips away from the advancing mechanism.  It worked!  And it was easy, even for a non-mechanical guy like yours truly.  I removed a few screws to get the back off.  I could see right away that a fairly large splinter was obstructing the slide.  So I removed 4 more screws to take the top of the slide off, blew all the wood chips out, put it back together, and now I'm smokin'!

Thought I was going to have to go smokeless this weekend!  Ouch!  Wouldn't have been the same!

This sure shows how helpful the Forum is!

MG

pensrock

Glad you got it working, the E error with the beeps normally means the pusher is jammed somhow.

Smokin Soon

I just love a happy ending to a potential smoke failure. Good work!

MontanaGuy

Final note to a near smoking meltdown.  I pulled the pork loin out and it was GREAT!  Now I've got a batch of jerky in.  This smoking thing is addictive.

Gizmo

You will know when you are adicted when the better half asks you in the morning why the cereal is coming out of the smoker and it is not for party mix.  ::)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/