• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork Butt and Outhouse Construction

Started by Margareeman, July 09, 2009, 06:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Margareeman

Hello folks just thought i would share this with you. I smoked my first pork butt the other day and it came out very very tasty. I did a simple rub of brown sugar, onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper. There were three of them about 8 lbs each. Put them in the BDS at a pretty constant temp of 220 with the vent 3/4 the way open, 4 hours of apple smoke and a total time of 8 hours in the BDS. From there I put then in a large roasting pan with apple and orange juice, covered in tin foil and put them in the convection oven at 250 for another 5 hours. Took them out and the family was blown away by the smell and the taste. I think i mentioned before that i was getting married on July 23, the pulled beef that i did and the pulled pork are going to be part of the meal. I am thinking of smoking a few other simple things for the wedding meal but not sure what to do???. Along with smoking my Dad and i decided to build an outhouse. We were planning on renting one of those porta potties for the big party but decided to save the money and build our own. We sawed our own lumber (Dad owns a portable mill) and away we went. The only thing left is to add the toilet, sink and hook it into the septic tank, then a little paint. Hopefully I am not boring you guys too much. By the way a big thanks to all you senior members for showing me the way of the Smoker.

OU812

Those butts look delish.
The out house looks like it was built for a king (or queen)
Nice work boys.

Tenpoint5

Too bad your making that an Outhouse would make a Killer Smokehouse.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Margareeman

Thanks guys, ya know Tenpoint5 i was thinking the same thing. i think we might do it!