• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Shuttle and Space Station Watching

Started by Caribou, July 15, 2009, 03:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ananomoly

Hey folks... I've been working out here at KSC now for over 22 Yrs. We work side by side with Boeing on the payload side of things.
We've onloaded off ships and C-17. All of the SS has gone through our hands. I actually get to drive the payloads down the road.
Rather large as you might guess and we rule the road. Also, on this flight it gets a little closer to home as one of the crew members
( Doug Hurley ) graduated from my high school with a brother of mine. Small world :). It's been a great ride.
We also get sent out to Dryden AFB for payload support. Lots of fun times.
Anyway...Lots of pride in what we do and hope it can keep moving forward into the future.

Thanks Gary

Caribou

Quote from: ananomoly on July 17, 2009, 12:42:55 PM
Hey folks... I've been working out here at KSC now for over 22 Yrs. We work side by side with Boeing on the payload side of things.
We've onloaded off ships and C-17. All of the SS has gone through our hands. I actually get to drive the payloads down the road.
Rather large as you might guess and we rule the road. Also, on this flight it gets a little closer to home as one of the crew members
( Doug Hurley ) graduated from my high school with a brother of mine. Small world :). It's been a great ride.
We also get sent out to Dryden AFB for payload support. Lots of fun times.
Anyway...Lots of pride in what we do and hope it can keep moving forward into the future.

Thanks Gary
Thank you Gary!
As you can see many folks here are excited about what you are involved in making possible.
I hope all the space programs can keep going, I know they make us proud and our imaginations soar.
Looking forward to seeing the SS and Endeavor in the sky tonight now that they are docked.
Carolyn