• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Another Snack Stick

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 23, 2009, 07:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

These sticks are a long smoke but worth it.

10 lbs of ground beef 90/10
4 T. Hot Hungarian paprika (if you can't find it use regular paprika but double the cayenne)
1 Cup powdered milk
1/2 Cup Powdered buttermilk (for tang)
5 Tbs Hot mustard
5 Tbs Non-iodized salt
2 Tbs powdered sugar or corn starch (use the corn starch for a smoother better held consistency)
2 Tbs Garlic powder
1 Tbs ground celery seed
1 Tbs Onion powder
1 Tbs cayenne pepper
2 tsp black pepper
2 level tsp cure #1
2 tsp allspice
1 tsp ground thyme
17 to 19 mm collagen casing

Mix all ingredients well and let sit for an 30 min for flavors to marry
Stuff into casings.
Smoke with your favorite wood at 150-155°. Try not to exceed 165* or you will grease out the sticks.  If you smoke for 20-24 hours you will increase the tanginess of the sticks. For less tangy, cut the smoking time in half. Keep vent 3/4 open and check water and burnt pucks in the pan, empty and refill.

NOTE: Before you stuff the casings make a small 3" round patty, fry it up and taste, make any changes to the ingredients here.

nepas

Smokin Soon

Smoke for 24 hours? Or is that for your UDS? This might have answered my question on an all beef stick.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on July 23, 2009, 07:32:22 PM
Smoke for 24 hours? Or is that for your UDS? This might have answered my question on an all beef stick.

Yeah this is a long smoke. the more smoke you put to em the darker and tangy they get. I have done 8 hours with good results but the long smoke almost makes em like black forest german sticks. These wont do good on the UDS.

nepas