• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jerky Batch

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 29, 2009, 08:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnT

Where is the drooling yellow thingy?

John

BigJohnT

Quote from: Roadking on July 29, 2009, 06:52:36 PM

Joan's going to the RV this week end and I'm replenishing the Breakfast sausage and Kielbasa. Ah! peace and quiet for a few days.  ;)

I'd be real interested in knowing the details on the breakfast sausage and Kielbasa... A Kielbasa is my second thing I will attempt on the SS Bradley.

John

deb415611

Quote from: Roadking on July 29, 2009, 06:52:36 PM

Joan's going to the RV this week end and I'm replenishing the Breakfast sausage and Kielbasa. Ah! peace and quiet for a few days.  ;)

I'm sure that's exactly what Joan's thinking ;) :D

NePaSmoKer

Got the bacon jerky done. 1 puck of hickory cold smoke and 14 hours of 145* dehydrator time.
I just rubbed table grind black pepper into the bacon before the smoke.

nepas

BigJohnT

Nepas that sure looks good.

John

Tenpoint5

Big John T
Here is a link to a fresh Kielbasa sausage http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Kielbasa-fresh.pdf
or I have made this one and it never lasts very long
Kielbasa Smoked

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BigJohnT

Thanks 10.5, that one will go in my recipe file to try.

John

smokeitall

Hey Chris that looks like a great recipe.  I really need to get my big brother bradley finished.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smokeitall on July 30, 2009, 06:40:04 PM
Hey Chris that looks like a great recipe.  I really need to get my big brother bradley finished.
That makes two of us. The economy (10% pay cut) really put the brakes on mine.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!