• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Footprint of OBS

Started by kitchendad, August 10, 2009, 06:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitchendad

Hello all,
I've got my first Bradley on the way and have been thinking about my backyard grilling station.  I am considering building a short cabinet that I can put the new Bradley on top of to give it a bit of height and use the space below for storage.  Now, of course I could just wait for the smoker to get here and then build the cabinet, but what fun would that be?  So I am hoping that y'all can answer two questions for me...

1) What is the footprint of the assembled unit?
2) How hot does the exterior of the unit get? ie, would I be safe with a wooden cabinet top or will I need to get some sort of heat proof materials?

Thanks - Luke   
Just a dad cooking for the family.

Smokin Soon

It's pretty much safe on anything. Look at some portable tool carts or cheap rolling tool boxes at Home Depot or Lowes.

Ka Honu

Total footprint is about 15" deep x24" wide

Habanero Smoker

Add a couple of inches to the depth, due to the power cord that protrudes out the back. Placing the cabinet on a sliding shelf, so you can pull the cabinet out a small ways so the doors clear the cabinet will make loading and unloading easier. Caution you only want it to slide out just a little, if it comes out too far you may have a tipping hazard.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

That explains them square prints in the snow? My Bradley is walking around looking for me  ;D  :D

nepas

squirtthecat

kitchendad,

This was from another thread, but here is my current setup.   Works great.  I do have a cabinet in the works to put it on. (add some storage, and make it easier to load/unload)   I ran it all day/night Saturday and the temperature behind the Bradley - against the plastic wall - never exceeded 105 degrees.

mikecorn.1

Either looking for you or trying to find a hiding spot to get a break and take a long deep breath of fresh air.  :D  ;D
Mike

kitchendad

Thanks everyone for the info, more than enough to get me started.  I like the idea of the large cabinet, might go that way.
Just a dad cooking for the family.

smokeitall

Welcome Aboard kitchendad, let us know what you do.  I have mine on a kitchen microwave cart right now.  Its not bad, especially the cost, but the wheels aren't made for bumps or anything.  I just open my garage door when the smoke generator is on and wheel it close to the door and all the smoke goes out.  My pork bellies didn't get done last night until 12:30 so after the smoke was done I wheeled it back in the garage and closed the door and finished cooking.  Man the garage smells good  :)  Without the smoke generator running it is basically a oven.
SIA