• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cleaning the OBS

Started by Smokeville, August 10, 2009, 07:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

Hello all;

After a few months of smoking, I wondered how/if everyone cleans their smoker. There is some grunge around the door, and such, and smoke buildup. I took a scrub brush to clean around the door seals, and it came off nicely. But, any other thoughts?

Thanks, Rich

OU812

I use denatured alcohol on the door seal and the area that it makes contact with. Oven cleaner on the V tray, soap and hot water on the racks and drip pan and only clean the bottom tray when it looks nasty

squirtthecat

So far, I have been able to stuff everything in the dishwasher and blast the funk off.. (when the Mrs isn't looking)

I am wondering how to clean the biscuit tray.  Before I got my bubba pucks, the 2nd to last biscuit would start to burn, and it left a nasty carbon stain on the feeder tray.

NePaSmoKer

Just use a small brass brush for the puck slider. The crustier the inside walls get the better it smokes.

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 10, 2009, 08:23:39 AM

So far, I have been able to stuff everything in the dishwasher and blast the funk off.. (when the Mrs isn't looking)

I am wondering how to clean the biscuit tray.  Before I got my bubba pucks, the 2nd to last biscuit would start to burn, and it left a nasty carbon stain on the feeder tray.

Or you can use a Dremel with a wire brush attachment.

I just written up instructions for cleaning the generator that indicates how I clean the drive guide (step #3). It is now posted on the recipe site:
How Do I Clean My Generator?

If you don't have denatured alcohol, Isopropyl alcohol at a 90% concentration works just as well, and may be easier to obtain in smaller volume.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

squirtthecat

Cool, thx guys!

I use my leaf blower to blast the rest of the wood shavings and related flaked off funk out of the generator/cabinet...   Seems to do the trick.

poolside smoker

whenever my wife is not around,  i put the v,  racks, drip pan and bowl in the dishwasher,  run it on heavy pots and pans settings and everything comes out looking brand new.    I have not cleaned the inside surfaces, other than the bottom.  I sort of like the smoky orange color.  P.S  if anyone sees a news story of a man who was smoked in his own smoker,  it will be because my wife caught me using her dishwasher to remove the burn on leftovers!

FLBentRider

Quote from: poolside smoker on August 14, 2009, 05:15:24 PM
whenever my wife is not around,  i put the v,  racks, drip pan and bowl in the dishwasher,  run it on heavy pots and pans settings and everything comes out looking brand new.    I have not cleaned the inside surfaces, other than the bottom.  I sort of like the smoky orange color.  P.S  if anyone sees a news story of a man who was smoked in his own smoker,  it will be because my wife caught me using her dishwasher to remove the burn on leftovers!

After I do this, I run the dishwasher again empty.

If I don't, sometimes the next load has black bits on everything.

She didn't like that.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!