• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

just a little wood tip

Started by buttburner, August 23, 2009, 04:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttburner

While I was smoking a butt yesterday, I found myself getting low on bisquettes.

Not wanting to run out and buy a new box since I had the Amazon deal coming in the mail, I made up a few cups by wrapping some HD foil around a bubba puck and forming a cup put of it, making it a little deeper. I filled it with some hickory sawdust I had and placed it on the burner after unplugging and plugging in the generator to stop the timer.

It smoked for maybe 15 mins or so...Took a few minutes to start smoking... At this point the butt was going for a while and everything was so hot inside that I did not really lose much heat at all opening the door. I did this for another hour or so and it ended up working out just fine. I like a little extra smoke on my butt so thats why I decided to try this.

just thought I would share this tip.. I did try putting a disk of solid hickory on the burner once when I first got Brad, it did smoke some but it wasnt really worth doing.

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there buttburner,

you know it would be wise to invest in making your home made cold smoke box. This way you can use it to cold smoke cheese or salmon and at the same time you could use it to burn non Bradley wood chips, dust or chunks with the aid of a HD foil  or even steel plate and some charcoal. At the same time you don't fool around with your pucks and plate.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

buttburner

I already have a cold smoke box

its the Bradley without the heat on....

...oh I see what you mean

yea, but thats not what I am talking about here. Just a way to add some smoke without going though pucks is what I am taking about here

Hopefull Romantic

Great and so do I.

you can always use the Bradley cold smoke box to burn other types of wood there.

HR

buttburner

so you are suggesting I spend another $100 on a cold smoke box so i can save a little on wood?

all I am suggesting here is to put some chips in a foil cup to save on bisquettes, it worked great for me and I did not have to buy anything extra

thats all, just trying to share a tip that worked great for me

Hopefull Romantic

I think we have a misunderstanding here. You idea is great and works great. I was only suggesting another idea to utilize normal non Bradley bisquettes and I was under the impression that you have a cold smoke box.

We both do the same thing, you do it in the tower, I do it in my cold smoke box.

I apologize for any misunderstanding.

HR

buttburner

ohhhh ok!!!

yea you really had me scratching my old bald head lol

I understand what you are saying now

thanks