• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Tempeture prob

Started by Glen, August 19, 2009, 08:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

hello all was wondering if anyone had any ideas. my smoker heats to 160 but then the power shuts and the temperature crashes and the unit wont come back on for some time. i replaced the high heat sensor thinking it might have gone or be faulty but no change in condition and the freezer is almost full

Habanero Smoker

Hi Glen;

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure Brian will be along.

Since we have so many people from various countries, I first need to ask are you referring to Celsius or Fahrenheit? If you are using Celsius then it should kick off at 160°C. If it is Fahrenheit, and it is not the high heat sensor the that really makes it difficult to diagnose the problem. What are you using to monitor the cabinet temperature? If you are using the Fahrenheit measure, and have a digital thermometer make sure that it is not accidentally set on Celsius.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Glen

Welcome to the forum

Like Hab's has asked I need the answers to those questions in order to try a diagnose your problem.

When you say the power shuts off do you mean the whole generator or just the power to the heat element.

Could you try your smoker again and tell me what lights are on on both the tower and generator and what lights are on after it shuts off at 160

Please feel free to give me a call at the office if you like

Brian

Glen

sorry it is 160 f i dont really have anything to ttest the interanl tempeture . the light power lights come one the smoke gen and until 160 f the smoker itself as well but the one of the smoker itself shuts off at the 160 f mark

Glen

so i opened the front panel and found that some smew had leaked down on the computer board am i right in assuming this would cause the smoker to lose power half way through heat up?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Glen on August 23, 2009, 04:17:03 PM
so i opened the front panel and found that some smew had leaked down on the computer board am i right in assuming this would cause the smoker to lose power half way through heat up?

It sure will. This can happen when you have moisture building up pooling into liquid and running out the front door; but this should not happen when the vent properly adjusted. But it is odd that it happened without a crack in the faceplate, because there is a silicon seal around the edge of the faceplate to help prevent leakage. Maybe during assembly the faceplate was not fitted properly.

When the recipe site gets back on line you may want to take a look at this link:
Cracked Faceplate

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)