• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

HUNTING TEXAS STYLE !!!!!!

Started by classicrockgriller, September 18, 2009, 05:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 19, 2009, 02:16:49 PM

I'm guessing it's not just a vehicle but a mobile hunting stand, a very well-stocked stand  :D
Carolyn

God I hope not Carolyn, then it would be a huge waist of space.

HR
[/quote]
You don't deer hunt do you?  ;)
Carolyn

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Caribou on September 19, 2009, 06:53:43 PM

I'm guessing it's not just a vehicle but a mobile hunting stand, a very well-stocked stand  :D
Carolyn
HR
Carolyn
[/quote]

No Carolyn I don't. They are not available here as they are in the US. Besides, I have this weird thing; if I see an animal being slaughtered, I would not eat meat for a while. We slaughter a lot of sheep here in Jordan as it is the staple meat. Altough I love that and all sorts of red and white meats but cant get myself to eat any if they are slaughtered in front of me.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

HR, Hunting is not slaughtering animals. A normal Deer in the wild doesn't live but around 7 to 8 yrs. They grind their food with their teeth
and as they do they grind their teeth down. If a deer lives its life out and doesn't get shot, it starves to death or chased down by coyotes.
I personally don't get a thrill out of shooting an animal, but they sure do taste good.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 19, 2009, 11:03:39 PM
I personally don't get a thrill out of shooting an animal, but they sure do taste good.

CGR, I could not agree with you more on both counts. I enjoy the meat of all types, it just that I do not be a witness to the "killing process" ...no matter what shape it takes.

HR

classicrockgriller

Caribou

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 19, 2009, 10:49:50 PM
Quote from: Caribou on September 19, 2009, 06:53:43 PM

Carolyn
HR
Carolyn

No Carolyn I don't. They are not available here as they are in the US. Besides, I have this weird thing; if I see an animal being slaughtered, I would not eat meat for a while. We slaughter a lot of sheep here in Jordan as it is the staple meat. Altough I love that and all sorts of red and white meats but cant get myself to eat any if they are slaughtered in front of me.

HR
[/quote]
Yes HR,
I can see that being bothersome, it's definitely not for everyone.  I raise egg laying chickens and we have cull roosters now and then because they don't lay eggs  ;)  But this year I did raise some "meat birds" because I thought I'd like it but after slaughtering them for the freezer, I decided I really would rather leave it to the pros and just buy my chickens at Costco.  But it was nice having 7 to 8 pound roasting chickens.  :D :D :D
Carolyn

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 20, 2009, 12:19:17 AM
That's kewl. Do you fish?

That I have done and quite extensively when I was living in Florida. It was one of my joys to take my collapsible chair and table, a bottle of wine and one of those old transistor radios down to a place called Jetty Park near KSC in Cocoa Beach. I would fish as long as I had wine and then go home and have some one clean the fish. I was not into smoking at the time, but enjoyed the fish nevertheless.

I don't know what you would call this but fishing seems to me a different type of ending a life. A type I can tolerate.

Nowadays, I do it whenever I go to the Syrian coast but not as successful.

HR

Hopefull Romantic

[[/quote]
Yes HR,
I can see that being bothersome, it's definitely not for everyone.  I raise egg laying chickens and we have cull roosters now and then because they don't lay eggs  ;)  But this year I did raise some "meat birds" because I thought I'd like it but after slaughtering them for the freezer, I decided I really would rather leave it to the pros and just buy my chickens at Costco.  But it was nice having 7 to 8 pound roasting chickens.  :D :D :D
Carolyn
[/quote]

I am a subscriber to that; buying it at Costco. You would have already drained of blood, plucked and cleaned and all ready for your smoker, grill or stove. It is almost being humans. What we don't see would not bother us.

HR