• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribs - 10.5 Method? TenPoint5 Method?

Started by monty, August 21, 2009, 04:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikecorn.1

Wow. That is what I call some mighty fine looking eats. Great Job.
Mike

monty

Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

parismountain

Baby backs are on sale here, I looked at the link to 10.5's method but I didn't see a temp.  Can someone let me know what temp to cook at?  I have a PID now, it looks like in 10.5s pictures he has his temp probe weaved near bottom rack, does the probe not touch the rack and read the rack temp?  Just wondering how to pull off the probe location

thanks,
ken

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: parismountain on September 16, 2009, 06:45:14 PM

Baby backs are on sale here, I looked at the link to 10.5's method but I didn't see a temp.  Can someone let me know what temp to cook at?  I have a PID now, it looks like in 10.5s pictures he has his temp probe weaved near bottom rack, does the probe not touch the rack and read the rack temp?  Just wondering how to pull off the probe location

thanks,
ken

He uses a temp of 225 to smoke and cook at. I would hang the temperature probe from the bottom rack and off to the side so juices don't drip on it. I just run mine right in the door with out a problem.
HawkeyeSmokes

joerom

Hello,
        Yes,using the 10.5 method and 225 degrees,you can't miss.These guys here really know their stuff,and they are very helpful with everyone.They helped me get it right from the start.

Joe.

Tenpoint5

Yes I stick my probe just under the rack to try and get the most accurate reading. I might be doing wrong but it seems to work for me. The guys have it right I cook and smoke my ribs at 225* It's kinda my go to temp.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

joerom

Hello,it just dawned on me about everyone asking where to put the probe.I have been putting the meat on the second rack,and I have always put my probe right above the meat.I have done this from the beginning,and it has worked perfect for me everytime,including my 17 hour smoke for the butt.So,I guess it is what ever works for you applies here.Just don't change the cooking method.
                                                             Joe.