• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Summer Has Been Extended in Toronto !

Started by oakville smoker, October 02, 2009, 09:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Yes its true, it really is !

How do I know this?  Jimmy Buffett and his Coral Reefer Band are coming to town Nov 19 and I managed to get tickets to the show today.  This is the first time I think I can truly say.....   I am SO excited

Parrot heads all know Jimmy hates winter.  So why come to Toronto in the middle of November?  Because its going to be summer again 'cause Jimmy says so.

Gotta go pick my grass skirt up from the dry cleaner and lube up the blender. 

6 more weeks of sleeps till Jimmy comes

.....   those frozen conconctions that help me hang on .........

I AM SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

Jimmy puts on quite a show and the people that come are a show in their on. That will be a fun time.   CRG

Hopefull Romantic

It is a long wait but I am sure you will enjoy it.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

oakville smoker

I saw JB for the first time in 1974.  I had a job as an usher at Maple Leaf Gardens and was into metal.  In comes some guy called Jimmy Buffett.  3 hours later I am drunk and addicted.  I got over the drunk but still addicted to Jimmy.  I still remember having a fifth of Southern Comfort in my jacket and dropping it when i was finished and hearing the empty bottle bounce down the concrete steps.  LOL  Since then I have been hooked, not on Southern Comfort but on Jimmy.

Been to about 15 shows since then and have not missed one in Toronto in 20 years.  It is a party and a half and I will be one of the cast in costume singing my lungs out.  Maybe I should bring him some pulled pork so he feels like he is back at home in the south !

Would'nt you know that my other fav band, Blue Rodeo just announced that they are returning to Stratford in December and tix go on sale Monday. The Stratford Theatre is the most amazing venue.  The band plays without PA and you can hear a pin drop.  I need another job to pay for these tickets!   
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

Sell smoke meat on the side... Good luck and have fun, be careful. '72 I saw zeppelin live and I was hooked. CLASSIC ROCK FOREVER !   CRG

KyNola

Congratulations Oakville.  What a great score but on a personal level I must honestly say YOU SUCK!! :D 
Jan and I are big fans of his and have never been successful in scoring tickets.  Have a great time and watch out for fins.  They will be to the left and to the right.

KyNola

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on October 02, 2009, 02:06:31 PM
Jan and I are big fans of his and have never been successful in scoring tickets. 

What?? Your neighbor 3 doors down can't round up Buffett tickets??  ;)