Final update on 100lb smoke

Started by Mikecosta, July 08, 2010, 07:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikecosta

We completed the 100lb smoke (pulled pork) and had a very successful feed of about 230 people.  If you remember I split the smoke up in two batches.  The first 60+ lbs was done very traditionally and took 19 hours.  I dd the remaining 40 lbs with a combination of Bradley S moker and my conventional kitchen oven and it took less than half the time and had 25% shrinkage versus 40% shrinkage the real way.  Tasting the finished products, both were great.  Tasting them side by side it was no contest.  The traditional way with the slow and low method was incredible.  The depth of flavor, richness was indescribable.  It was a very hard decession but in the end we mixed the two together and served about 230 people a very delicious meal but only a couple of us knew what everyone else was missing

watchdog56

Thanks for the update and glad everything worked out for you.

Tenpoint5

Glad everything worked out for you and all of the folks you was feeding. Just have to remember whats on the little sign below in my tagline!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Thanks for the update and the comparison.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikeradio

DTAggie

DarqMan

That is some feather in your cap.  Good job!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 08, 2010, 09:46:08 AM
Glad everything worked out for you and all of the folks you was feeding. Just have to remember whats on the little sign below in my tagline!!!

Ummm yeah

Take pics when you do your smokes.