• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Costco's Baby Back Ribs

Started by Brother Bill, October 06, 2009, 12:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Bill

In the October issue of Costco's Magazine they have an article regarding their "Baby Back Ribs". Three interesting items: 1) They are never Frozen. 2) Claim an extra meaty rib. & 3) The silver skin is removed.
We have been using them for over a year, and never had a complaint! FYI :) 

BB

classicrockgriller

Thanks BB, that is great info to pass on. I know there are alot of forum members that shop Costco and I go when I make it to the big city.   CRG

joerom

I don't belong to any of the clubs,maybe I will give one a try.Is there any real cost benefit?
                                                                          Joe.

FLBentRider

We have been a Sam's club member for 20+ years.

The discounts are better if you buy by the case, but we consistenly save more than the membership fees, probably per month.

I also have 4 kids to feed. Sams _is_ our grocery store.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Wildcat

I'm a Sam's member as well. Really good deals there sometimes.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

HawkeyeSmokes

I'm a Sams club member. They have some pretty good deals, but the reason I am one, just so I have a good source for pork butts and briskets at decent price. Costco is good to but don't have one close to where I live now.
HawkeyeSmokes

Habanero Smoker

I have the trifecta; BJ's, Costco and Sam's; most I'm the second member on the card. They all have their individual beneifiets.

I don't usually smoke baby backs, but next time I'm in Costco I will definately check them out.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

oakville smoker

Costco here in Ontario is my source for most things meat.
Unbelievable deals on pork loins.  Bulk steak comes from there.  Chicken is average at best, I drive every few months to buy free range, grain fed birds.

They do have the best baby backs for a reasonable price in my opinion.
Here they dont pull the silver skin off the bone, I tend to pull it when I buy it, rub it down, vac seal and freeze.
When they come out of the freezer, let thaw and apply smoke.  Have not had a complaint yet.  Only one I can remember is "  is that all you made ? "  Insert whine with that and you got it.   LOL  Maybe there should be some cheese to go with that
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?