• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

HR

Started by Oldman, October 12, 2009, 03:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

HR
QuoteI have just read a thread where olds said he hates PMs and if any one has some thing to say to him he / she should say it in publc.
HR
HR the reason I don't do PM is really simple. I ran a gaming server, gaming site etc. for many years. I found that someone would say or do something the ticked off someone else. The next thing you know there are a group of members trash talking that one member. However, without a doubt one of that group would send a copy of all of the PMs to that one member.

Then there would be hard feelings and all kinds of problems. In fact on the last board I ran we turn off the option to PM. After that if there was a problem it got talked out in the open and the problems generally went away.

I use to call it the Charlie-Charlie-Click-Attitude. You might be surprise how one innocent statement that was misunderstood would / could become a huge problem.

This is why I don't PM.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks Olds for the explanation, when you did not have to. I fully agree with the openness you are suggesting and understand your concerns. That openness and discussing things out in the open is what makes a healthy family and this forum is one healthy family I want to keep.

I did, however, quote you out of context and for that I apologize. I also apologized for the member I posted your quote to.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Oldman

QuoteI did, however, quote you out of context and for that I apologize. I also apologized for the member I posted your quote to
No need to apologize. Personally I did not think you took anything out of context.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!