new to snack sticks

Started by Revrob220, October 23, 2009, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revrob220

Want to get started doing snack sticks. Do you guys do them in your oven or in your Bradley.And can anyone recommend a good seasoning brand

pensrock

Habs just posted my recipe for snack sticks on the recipe site. Everyone who has tried them told me they were great. Look for a topic called 'spicy snack sticks'.

They can be done completely in the Bradley.

muzzletim

They are good! Much funner to use ingredients rather than a packet of who knows what!  Check out the recipe section!!!

Tim
Tim

drano

I've made a few batches of sticks.  Latest batch was a spice mix from http://www.friscospices.com/sausageseasoningmixes.asp  and was real good.  I get all my casings and spice mixes from them.  But now I'm starting to use recipes from Kutas's book. 
I do them to completion in the Bradley, by hanging them over oak dowel rods I have mounted in the top of the smoker, then throw them in ice water until they are about 100 deg. 
They are really easy to make, and the pack doesn't last long around here once opened.

get smokin
drano

RAF128

I made some last month.    I bought a kit from Hi Mountain and followed their instructions and it was easy, but those kits are pricey to say the least($26).   Several shops have packets of spices for making beer stick.   They come in several different flavors and degrees of heat.   I've used those in the past and will likely go back to them.   Back to the sticks I made last month, I made them all about 5 inches long and hung them from dowelling at the top of the Bradley.   Kept the oven temp at about 200 and it took about 2 hrs to bring the internal temp to about 155.