Travelin Cheese

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 22, 2009, 11:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Got some more smoked cheese ready for the trip. The swiss has been smoked for a few weeks now and vac sealed. Got all the cheese in the ziplock vac bags so we can keep it fresher longer.

swiss

Swiss & Monster  ;D

nepas

Tenpoint5

Never thought about Munster!! I will have to put that on my list. The wife is going to visit her sister in Wisconsin over the weekend so she is stopping at a dairy to pick me up some cheese. Hope it turns out as good as yours looks Nepas
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

I did some Munster for my brother, I do not care for it myself. He really liked it.

classicrockgriller

Wonder what the postoffice would say if they got a clear vac pack pkg of cheese with a shipping label and the correct postage?

I'll pm you my addy and we can try it. Looks good!

Hopefull Romantic

Like 10.5 I will put Munster on my list too.

I am on a business trip right now and I took the advice that said to smoke cheese before and smoked a bunch before I left wednesday evening. Eases the pain of waiting.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Deflated

The first time I smoked cheese I did some Munster, going against what I had read.  It turned out to be one of my favorites and everyone elses too.  Not sure why people don't like it.  I haven't tried doing any Swiss yet, just because I'm not a real big fan of Swiss cheese.  Someone had suggested I try doing some Jarlsburg.  I guess I might have to give it a try now that the weather is cold enough.