Testing my Bradley after the tragic accident

Started by Northern_Smoke, November 15, 2009, 01:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern_Smoke

I was making about 60 or so ABTs for a party we were having. I checked on them as they were just about finished. I closed the door and decided to leave them for about 15 more minutes. I turned my back and the cart the Bradley was on fell over...taking with it my Digital 6 rack and all the ABTs. After at least 2 hours of hammering, bending, prying and praying, i got the unit to close and seal. I then tested out the electronics and put a puck in to see if smoke leaked out. Once all was well again, i decided the best way to "make sure" it still worked was to do a brisket.

I ran out to the butcher, picked up a 6.5 pound brisket and rubbed it down with Braggin Rights Brisket recipe from my Smoke and Spice book. I let it sit in the fridge for about 32 hours cause i forgot about it while i tended to some white tails that were running around instead of hanging in my garage. It got about 4 hours of alder apple since that is all i could find...seems i had used up everything else i had. So the brisket was put in a 220 bradley and left for about 18 hours until the internal temp hit 207. The end result was delicious and it seems that this recipe yeilds no leftovers.

Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

Brad Stab

You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish.

pensrock

The brisket looks great and the little cutie looks ready to dig in.  :)

Northern_Smoke

Yah, she had a big meaty grin :) The rest of the people had a smile as well but didn't feel like showing it off like she did.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

car54

Wow, that must have shocked you to see the Bradley take a fall. I am glad that every thing work out.

Brad

Hopefull Romantic

I am glad it all worked out and the Bradley put the smile on the little lady's face

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ArnieM

I'm sorry to hear about the fall.  I'm glad your Bradley is back together again.

That's a cute little girl.  Where's her plate?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DjSaneR

Bradley 6 Rack Digital
Weber Genesis S320
Weber Performer

JGW

Great looking brisket, cute kid.

Any pictures of the smoker after the fall?

Northern_Smoke

Quote from: ArnieM on November 17, 2009, 11:44:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the fall.  I'm glad your Bradley is back together again.

That's a cute little girl.  Where's her plate?
Plate???? not gonna happen with that one if i am taking something off the smoker. She is in there like a dirty shirt. You would be lucky if she wasn't steeling it straight out of the smoker when my back is turned. haha