• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Scratching

Started by Stilly, October 29, 2009, 09:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stilly

The "V" shaped drip tray is scratching the inside walls of my smoker.  Is this normal? 

KevinG

I'm not sure why, I have about a 1/4" gap on each side of mine. I suspect either you have a very large burr on yours or oversized tray.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

OU812

Welcome to the fun of smoking Stilly.

I dont have any scratch's in my smoker, might want to see if the V pan is bent or has a burr as Kevin has stated.

Hopefull Romantic

I cant ad much to what Kevin and OU812 have said but welcome to the forum Stilly

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

While I wouldn't call it normal, it shouldn't cause any harm.  Besides, use your Bradley enough and the scratches will fill up with black seasoning!

KyNola

BTW, welcome to the forum.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Stilly!

I sometimes scratch mine when I get in a hurry....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Mine fits snug enough that it scrapes a bit on the way in/out.  But like KyNola said, it won't be long, and you won't be able to see them..

Stilly

Ok.... thanks for the responses.   

Quarlow

Hello Stilly. When I got my smoker it was over insulated so much so that you could not pulled the tray and racks out at all. I took it to the head office because I only live 10 mins from Bradley and they said that was very odd. Then they gave me a replacement one. Look at your inner walls of your smoker. They should be smooth and flat with no bulge to them at all. If they are bulged you should give Brian a call at Bradley and see what he says. They will take care of you.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.