• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Where to Buy?

Started by Roadking, November 03, 2009, 08:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking

If you use "Corn Syrup Solids" where do you buy yours?

I've been purchasing mine from "The Sauasage Maker" in Buffalo, N.Y., but the darn shipping on it, with the handling is more then the product itself.

5 lb. 12.99 plus shipping and handling comes to just over $24 and change.

I've searched in local suppermarkets but I come up negative.

Roadking

Quote from: BigJohnT on November 03, 2009, 09:17:27 AM
I get most of that kind of stuff at Butcher and Packer

JT
I usually order enough items to get away from shipping, it makes it bareable. I only need the one item and am trying to locate it, say in a Super Walmart. Where I can jump in the car or bike and get it locally.
Butcher and Packer is like 5 times the cost of the product in shipping. Just not sensible. Just wondering if anyone ever saw it in a local super market in their travels.

deb415611

Al,

Do you have any restaurant supply stores near you that let you do cash & carry?  Might be worth a phone call if you do.

Deb

Roadking

Hi Deb,
There one a short drive from me but they only carry kitchen supplies like spoons, mixers, etc. anything make out of stainless. No dry goods or anything consumeable.
Used to know a saleman that work for Cisco but he kicked the bucket. Too bad nice guy.

How's the pooch! ruff,ruff  :D

BigJohnT

Quote from: Roadking on November 03, 2009, 09:49:56 AM
Quote from: BigJohnT on November 03, 2009, 09:17:27 AM
I get most of that kind of stuff at Butcher and Packer

JT
I usually order enough items to get away from shipping, it makes it bareable. I only need the one item and am trying to locate it, say in a Super Walmart. Where I can jump in the car or bike and get it locally.
Butcher and Packer is like 5 times the cost of the product in shipping. Just not sensible. Just wondering if anyone ever saw it in a local super market in their travels.

Super WalMarts have less of a choice than smaller grocery stores. Why you ask cause they are so big. If it don't turn it is not on the shelf. Just try to find canning supplies when it ain't tomato canning season at a WalMart.

JT

Habanero Smoker

Check the specialty supermarkets, some make their own sausage; you may be able to make some type arrangement with them. Also many restaurants also make their own sausages, so they may have some on hand.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)