• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Halford Hide

Started by oakville smoker, November 04, 2009, 07:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Hi all

Just thought I would pass this along to any Canucks looking for curing supplies or butcher supplies. Halford Hide in Edmonton is phenomenal.   A forum member passed this name along to me when I was looking for some curing supplies.

These guys were great.  I ordered a Bradley sugar, honey and maple cure ( large size ) 2 pounds of Prague Powder, some maple concentrate, some maple brine for side bacon, some cure for corned beef and something else that I cant remember right now.  The prices were very reasonable and the freight was 19 dollars from Edmonton to Ontario.

I started some email inquiries mid last week, my main concern being shipping costs as I knew what the cost of everything was already from their web site.  They called me on Friday afternoon to confirm everything including shipping and said my order would be delivered in 4 days.  I assumed business days.  Last night ( Tuesday ) when I arrived home from work, voila, my order. 

It takes a lot for someone to exceed my expectations.  Its hardly ever accomplished.  But these guys have done it and I highly recommend them.   They now have me curious about making sausage as they sell all the goodies for that.  Some of the biggest challenges with smoking and curing have been getting the supplies here.  Well worth the wait.

I just happened to have a loin waiting in the fridge for curing and there is now a 2 pounder in maple cure and a 3 pounder in honey cure.  The results should be very interesting.  I can't wait.

If you are a Canuck and need curing supplies, check these guys out.  A guy that works for me lives in Edmonton.  He is due in Toronto in December for year end meetings.  Guess what he will be bringing with him when he comes? 
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

ExpatCanadian

Good to know...  I'm always squirreling away these tidbits of info for my triumphant future return to Canada...!

...ok, maybe being a bit dramatic, but it sounded better than "when the ol' lady and I move back home"  :P

oakville smoker

I have lived the life of an ex pat, not sure that I would want to do it again.
I had the dubious honour of being considered an American ex pat in Canada because I reported to the US, I was a Canadian ex pat
in Australia and an intermittent ex pat in the UK and Europe.  In Europe I was the ex pat American through the day and when I had
a cold beverage in my hand after hours, I was the Canadian ex pat.  Oh life in the very large global corproration.

Alll I can do and say is this....   click my heels together 3 times and say
there's no place like home, there's no place like home
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

RossP

Thanks OS, just had a look at the site and they have some good prices. I live 5 minutes from Stuffers and I think I will be ordering some of my supplies from Halford. Just trying to figure out what kind of stuffer I want. I will be making  primarily Chicken and Turkey based sausage as I cannot eat beef or pork without serious consequences.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

canadiansmoker

Halford Hide is a great place to shop for us Canucks. I have used them a few times now and have not been disappointed. They have a pretty good selection as well. Glad it worked out for you Oakville.