• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Its cold and snowing time for some cheese

Started by dbondy, December 07, 2009, 11:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

Well its cold and snowing, so I took 2 bricks of cheese out. I,ve got 1 sharp chedder and 1 marbled chedder. Do you guys and gals have any suggestions on how long to smoke and what flaver biskets to use. I was going to use cherry for about 1.5 hours then plastic wrap and frigderate untill xmass. The temp is just right outside to cold smoke. Thanks :) :)

I will post more pics later.

KevinG

Sounds about right, two hours for me was too much, but then again I also cut mine up into 1" chunks before. Tasted like ashtray. 2nd attempt went a lot better with only 1 hour smoke and leaving whole.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

NePaSmoKer

dbondy

FLBentRider

I did three to four hoursof Apple, but I did mine in 1 pound chunks.

1" chunks is going to have a lot of surface area.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Quarlow

My first attempt was blocks like yours. I did 2 hrs of Apple and it was not smoke flavoured barely at all. My next shot at it will be Pecan or Oak at 4 hrs. That said I should mention that I like strong smoke flavour.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pensrock

I just tried the cheese I smoked on Black Friday and I think it was great. I smoked it for four hours using apple/hickory. Next batch I'll try three hours to see if I notice any difference.

dbondy

Thanks guys for your help and suggestions, I ended up doing 2 hours with cherry. I would of did it a little longer but the last time I did it my wife didn,t care for it. I also didn,t  age it like they have said to do for at least 10 days. But this time it is going to sit till xmass.
   Here are finished pics. ;D ;D

all ready wrapped for the holidays

OU812

Looks tasty, now go hide those babys so no one gets any crazy ideas.