• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley smoker & salami

Started by peter ramone, March 06, 2005, 08:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter ramone

I am looking at buying a bradley smoker but I also want to use it to cure salami and hams etc. What is the minimum temp(i need 18c and 30c) that the bradley can run (without smoker on). And can I put a humidifer inside it to raise humidity. (i need 80 to 90%)

tsquared

You can use the box the bradley comes in to create a remote smoke chamber which will keep your temp a few degrees over ambient. You will need a piece of dryer hose. Cut a hole in the box to slide the bradley smoke generator into, (make sure you put your water bowl in) and another hole near the top of the box for the dryer hose. Jam the dryer hose in and the other end into the Bradley where the smoke generator would normally slide into. Voila, you are in business.Make sure your element in the Bradley is not plugged in. I'm not sure about controlling the humidity by adding a humidifier. Maybe someone else can chime in on that topic.Good luck and good smoking.
Tom

peter ramone

Sorry, I think I may have confused the issue, I read that you can use the BS as a slow oven (without smoker being switched on). What is the minimum temp that  it starts at. I need around 56F(18c).

Chez Bubba

Peter,

Out of the box, the Bradley will generate approx ambient +25F with the smoke generator alone. This can be decreased utilizing the method Tom describes. Ice can also be used in place of water in the drip bowl if you desire.

I would think you could contain the humidity to your specifications by keeping the top vent mainly closed, but I have never measured it to be sure.

As far as the main heating element goes, it is on a rheostat controller, so it will contribute 0-100% depending on its' position.

BTW, I miss Joey & Johnny![;)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

peter ramone

Thanks, I will now buy one. And I miss them to. Somestimes life aint a gas.