• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Oh MY...My first NEKKED picture....

Started by MallardWacker, March 07, 2005, 04:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

It's a horrible site to see a Bradley with nothing on...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

whitetailfan

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
I see you got your new toy working eh?

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Kummok

MW.....This IS a family forum....next time, can you put a "black stripe" across the exposed empty puck ramp before flashing us with Bradley nudity?!?[:D][;)][:D]

Glad to see the new cam's up and working....we'll contact your family and tell the wife, kids, dogs, cats, ducks, chickens, horses, etc to leave their clothes ON for awhile, till the newness wear's off [;)][:D][;)][:D]  Looking forward to seeing more pics of the Bradley with clothes on, in fact I wanna see the WHOLE wardrobe!![:p][:p]

(BTW...Didja set your resolution/size setting on the camera to max or was this pic taken with digital telephoto?!?!???  The pics pretty "pixelated" on my screen.) NICE woodwork you've got the Bradley up against!

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Oldman

Duck Man I suggest maximum JPG setting when you shoot a picture....then reduce the image in visual size and take the JPG quality down to 50%....Kummok is correct... this looks like a bad GIF file instead of a JPG file.  At 67 KB this picture should look clear.

It takes time to learn, but once you got it...it is simple!!!!!!!! You will even laugh at yourself when you figure it out.... [:D]

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

I try and make my file size around 50k or so.  The setting on my camera is kind of different.  For picture quality there is "Normal", "fine" and "Super Fine"(tiff only).  But then I have size settingd at 5mp, 4pm, and so on.  I shoot the pics at 5mp normal mode which makes about a 1meg jpeg.  I import that into Adobe Elements, I resize it to 1.5 x 2.0 inches @250 pix per inch then resave it as a jpeg with the file size setting at 2 to come up with a 50k file.  Any sugestions?

Some good news I will be getting Sattelite Broadband in the next few days.....The file size thing will be a different story.

Also what is a good file size and settings for posting pics with out waisting server space and band width??

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Oldman

For the posting boards 750 pixel wide is about as large as you want to go.

This picture is 540 pixels wide and 32KB. It is at 50% of full JPG quality. In Adobe it is the number 5 setting when you save a picture.

Ok I don't use Adobe Elements other than for enhancement. So it took me a few to figure out what you where saying. (I resize and do my JPG quality in another program. The reason I do is I get a full screen browser preview before I save it, and that program also tells me how long it will take a dial up to download the picture.)

I'm not sure if you are saying that your camera only shoots in TIFF or only TIFF when set to Fine. Anyway let's do this. If it is in TIFF then once you open it in Adobe, just save it to a JPG file with the setting of a 10 (100% of JPG quality.)  Now close out the TIFF photo and open up the saved JPG. Resize it. Save it with a setting of a #5. A #2 IMO is just to low a quality setting and that is why this photo looks like it is in the toilet. Also your dot per inch in JPG are going to go way down. In that flower I bet the dots per inch cannot be more than 72. Remember JPG is a compression format and TIFF is not.

If you can shoot JPG in a 1-meg file that is more than enough information for you to create a net friendly photo. Again after resizing I suggest saving it at a #5 (50%) setting.

Now let's talk about real estate, and balance.  There is wasted real estate in this photo. You could have cropped the right hand side another 1/4", the top a good 5/8", the left hand side 1/2" and the bottom 1 3/4". All of this would have reduce this photo's foot print without reducing what you want people to see. Now I generally only post something that is 750 pixels wide when it is a illustrated drawing. If you look at the flower I posted it is 540 pixels wide, has a much higher quality than yours, while all at the same time it is 35KB less than your 67KB. This is where the balance comes in. You have to balance the foot print size, the quality and the KB. It is a little give and take of all three to end up with a good "net" friendly picture. I just about bet if you had saved that photo in a #5 setting it would have create something close to 200KB. To have something worth looking at you need to be saving at a #5. Thus here is where the balance comes into play. I would only go #4 setting if the foot print was really that important.

I hope this information has helped!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><br />Oh MY...My first NEKKED picture....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Boy, talk about hesitation opening this one!![:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Boy, talk about hesitation opening this one!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I was hoping for a little of that.

Olds,

I have printed out your sugestions.  I am going to sit down and digest them and come up with a few variations and post them.  Put them up for a day and pull them to see what they look like on your end.  I know you have fairly nasty video card, mine is not bad either so you and I may see things others don't.  I will see what you and others say/think.  I should be able to come close to the rest of you guys fine postings.  With all the horse power sitting on my desk and this camera, it's just matter of finding the right combo here. What program do you use for resizing.

All my pics are save in .jpg format.  The tiff format is only used in "Super Fine" mode.

Thanks folks

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I know you have fairly nasty video card, mine is not bad either so you and I may see things others don't.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Yes I have a "yesterdays" kicka$$ card. But understand that is in 3-D! Not what you see on the net in 2-D. In 2-D you cannot tell the difference between a Gforce 2 (1999) card and my ATI Pro.

BTW I'm not as impressed with adobe as most are. I can do more with a photo in my Vector program. In fact if you use their "net friendly" option to save a pic it normally is larger in KB then if you had used the std one.

Olds

JJC

Watch out, everyone--I just bought a new digi cam for my lab and I am giving it a test drive on my vaca [;)]!  When I return, I'll start shooting pics of some of the stuff I make in the BS.  Maybe I'll include some candid shots of some of the beach life in Punta Cana . . . well, maybe not [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Chez Bubba

John,

As long as the photo subjects are wearing a 2-piece, post away.[^] Or if they're <b>really</b> good, email them![;)][}:)][:D]

I've been to St. Marteen, St. Bart's & Australia. I have all the mental images of senior guys in their speedos, thongs or worse to last me the rest of my life![xx(]

Then there was a topless woman, in her 50's I'd guess, that had (as my 5-year-old at the time nephew referred to as) "caps" the size of my thumb![:0] Funny thing about those beaches, most people you see, you really wish weren't there![;)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?