• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Is TOBS being discontinued?

Started by desjr2, November 14, 2009, 08:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desjr2

Hi to all.  I am a new and have just begun to follow this site and am benefiting so much from all the information and the support offered to each other here.  I  am on the verge of making a purchase.  Noticed Amazon has OBS for $288, so I wonder if this series is being discontinued?  Any reason why I shouldn't purchase this unit at this price?  Thanks, Don

KyNola

I have heard absolutely nothing about them discontinuing the OBS.  Go for it and join the fun.

KyNola

ArnieM

I got mine the end of August.  It was $288, free shipping.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the fun desje2.

Amazon some times runs specials on the OBS and I believe that is a good price. Go for it and start smoking.

You might want to look into purchasing a temp probe as well. Many of the good people on this forum use the Maverick ET 73. It is a duel probe wireless themometer that allows you to moniter the internal temp of your meat as well as the internal smoke tower temp. That would help you adjust the slide to the desired temperature.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

squirtthecat

Ditto.   That is a good price.   Cabela's has them a little cheaper with the $30 off $150 promotion, but you'll get dinged for shipping.    Snag it!

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum. Even if they did discontinue something, and we haven't heard anything like that and we would, Bradley would still support it completely. You never have to worry about them not standing behind their product, Bradley customer service is second to none. Good luck and go for it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

sterlingpriceporker

welcome.... I to got my smoker for that price on amazon. shop for the pucks and get a bunch. there is nothing worse then getting started with the fun of smoking and running out of puck. I have found good prices on amazon and e bay. locally they are only carried in a boating marine supply store. So they tend to have limited types.

glad your here.... and happy smoking and napping.
truly great men know the power of napping. I'm a great man.

ArnieM

Quote from: Quarlow on November 14, 2009, 10:32:01 AM
Welcome to the forum. Even if they did discontinue something, and we haven't heard anything like that and we would, Bradley would still support it completely. You never have to worry about them not standing behind their product, Bradley customer service is second to none. Good luck and go for it.

Like my cousin Q said, the customer service is great.  I had a cracked faceplate.  Called 'em on Monday and the replacement faceplate arrived on Thursday.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Nibby4239

Welcome!  I purchased my OBS from Amazon last month. I ordered on a Monday and it was delivered on Thursday to my Charleston, SC home. That was with thier free shipping. My two pkgs of pucks arrived the next day via USPS. 
Nibby  :)

NePaSmoKer

FYI

I worked at Cabelas. When you see an item with the price ending in .88. IE $24.88 its being discontinued in stock by Cabelas.

nepas

desjr2

I appreciate all the comments regarding this subject, which I find very supportive and encouraging.  Just ordered TOBS from Amazon.  I am sure I will be back on asking a lot of dumb questions and hope, after a lot of experience and learning from this site, I will able to others who are new in the future, as well.  Thanks, Don

Quarlow

Hey Des there are no dumb questions cause if there was we'd all be idiots here and I know at least one person here that is not an idiot....did I say that out loud.... just kidding. We have all been there and if we didn't do it, it was only because we asked a question and got darn good advice. I to have the OBS and I love it and you will to.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.